32 members have voted

1. 1. What will it be?

• Defenseman
    • Forward
    • Gritty
    • same ol' same ol'

So to continue with this idea:

BRUINS OFFER KESSEL TO LEAFS FOR KABERLE AND NO. 7 PICK

Then do the Bruins use that 7th pick to pick Kassian or do they use that 7th and their 25th to move up further in the draft. Or do they actually have to include their 25th pick in the trade to Toronto?

What would the Sabres have to give up to get Kessel?

Myers and our first would be a starting point. I would love to have Kessel on the team, he's got quite a future ahead of him.

In an interview with Brian Burke on TSN (currently, the first video), the interviewer said that their sources were reporting the following offer:

Tampa gets: #7 overall pick, Toronto's 2010 Second, Tomas Kaberle

Toronto gets: #2 overall pick and Ryan Malone

Burke said no.

In an interview with Brian Burke on TSN (currently, the first video), the interviewer said that their sources were reporting the following offer:

Tampa gets: #7 overall pick, Toronto's 2010 Second, Tomas Kaberle

Toronto gets: #2 overall pick and Ryan Malone

Burke said no.

No that wasn't on the table? Or no, the deal wasn't right?

I'm not a twitter, or is that a tweeter? But TSn's guy is on the floor of the draft tweetin' or twittin stuff today

http://twitter.com/darrendreger

Say's Jay-bo getting traded tonight. Maybe Kaberle and Toronto's 7th for Jay-bo?

No way in hell that happens TO would never give up a 7th and Kaberle for the rights to negotiate with Bouwmester for 4 days. You know that he is going to take it to July 1st to get more $$.

No way in hell that happens TO would never give up a 7th and Kaberle for the rights to negotiate with Bouwmester for 4 days. You know that he is going to take it to July 1st to get more $$.

Now, we all know Burke. He would have Jay-bo "signed" before he makes the deal, he's under contract with Florida, Florida trades his rights with the intent Jay-bo signs.

Now, we all know Burke. He would have Jay-bo "signed" before he makes the deal, he's under contract with Florida, Florida trades his rights with the intent Jay-bo signs.

It's still a horrible deal. Give up all that for a guy you can get for free in a couple days? Sure, there's the chance someone else could sign him instead, but still, Kaberle and the 7th have far more value than that.

And on that note, Dreger has become damn near Eklundian as of late.

It's still a horrible deal. Give up all that for a guy you can get for free in a couple days? Sure, there's the chance someone else could sign him instead, but still, Kaberle and the 7th have far more value than that.

And on that note, Dreger has become damn near Eklundian as of late.

True, some of his stuff is like, "number one pick expected today" no sh$t sherlock.

I guess times like this before the draft are exciting no matter what the "news" is, (who am I kidding, I love this day) guess I like the wheelin' and dealin'.

Can we get a mod to take the "Poll" out of the thread, seems like Forward won.

Sabres Top prospects...

I was wondering the Top three prospects in the organization would be?

I would say

1. Tyler Myers

2. Chris Butler

3. Nathan Gerbe

I would say given this "thrown together list" its obvious where the Sabres should focus on in the first round this year...Big gritty offensively talented forward...aka Kassain. He would give the Sabres a second 'big man' in the lineup in hopefully just a year or under and If he is there and they pass..is it a good move by the organ-I-zation? No way you can pass on him..am I right? Or is their another player that if there along with kassain they should scoop up??

People mention Dimitri Kulikov but honestly, defensive depth is strong right now, they really NEED a top forward going into the future here...their previous forward 1st rounders have been busts and they really have a need and should full that with this years pick if the right guy remains.

But, I also understand too much depth at one position isn't necessarily a bad thing... trade bait!

People mention Dimitri Kulikov but honestly, defensive depth is strong right now, they really NEED a top forward going into the future here...their previous forward 1st rounders have been busts and they really have a need and should full that with this years pick if the right guy remains.

But, I also understand too much depth at one position isn't necessarily a bad thing... trade bait!

I don't think you can pass on him if he gets to 13.

Just too much potential and a can't miss in terms of risk reward.

Grit at wing you can address a number of ways, but the kid has the kind of shot that can open up the entire offensive zone.

Something the Sabres lack as well.

Sabres Top prospects...

I was wondering the Top three prospects in the organization would be?

I would say

1. Tyler Myers

2. Chris Butler

3. Nathan Gerbe

I would say given this "thrown together list" its obvious where the Sabres should focus on in the first round this year...Big gritty offensively talented forward...aka Kassain. He would give the Sabres a second 'big man' in the lineup in hopefully just a year or under and If he is there and they pass..is it a good move by the organ-I-zation? No way you can pass on him..am I right? Or is their another player that if there along with kassain they should scoop up??

I'd have to argue that Butler is no longer a prospect. Also you forgot Tim Kennedy, Funk, Weber, and Mancari. Not sure what "ranks" I would assign them. I like the idea of trading a prospect for a lower draft slot in the hopes of acquiring a NHL ready talent.

I'd have to argue that Butler is no longer a prospect. Also you forgot Tim Kennedy, Funk, Weber, and Mancari. Not sure what "ranks" I would assign them. I like the idea of trading a prospect for a lower draft slot in the hopes of acquiring a NHL ready talent.

I know and agree with your point on butler, but seeing how he has less than a full NHL season under his belt I put him in the prospect class, from the upside he has shown that is why he is before Gerbe, I feel Myers has to be the Sabres top Prospect at this point on talent and potential alone. Agreed? or agree to disagree?

Then I put Gerbe in at #3 because if given an extra year within the AHL(this upcoming season) to develop strength and speed needed for the next level he can be dangerous for years to come. If he takes the "next step" this upcoming season I think we could soon see a Roy trade in the next off-season if not this off-season. If my list would have been top five Sabre Prospects then Weber, and Kennedy round out the top five. I'm not sold on Kennedy just yet, but still feel one year in the minors is too soon to tell for the guy but still has the potential

My dream pick remains Zach Kassian. I really hope we can land this kid somehow with the 13th. If he's gone before, i really want Dimitri Kulikov. Strong d-men, can hit, great skater. Maybe the best skater in this draft. High hockey IQ.

Nashville on clock with #10 and both your picks are still out there. Good chance the Sabres could nab one of them..

Archived