Heatley Requests Trade

shrader

Colorado? They could use him in a bad way. Or like Detroit, San Jose, Anaheim...you know, teams that will pay to stay good or get even better. Unlike our beloved Sabres.

You just know he is heading for Detroit. Dump Hossa, add Heatley... The beat goes on...

I don't care where he goes as long as he gets out of the division. This could finally be the break the Sabres have been waiting for......Just imagine, if Heatly had been off Ottawa for the past two years, the dream of 8th place could have come true!! 2010 has the possibility of that 8 spot REALLY happening!! <_<

LeClaire from Ottawa to Atlanta to back up or split games with Hedberg (for prospect and/or picks)

Luongo from Vancouver to Ottawa for Heatley. (he wants a Western conf. team)

Vancouver makes a run at Biron for their starter.

is this an S-4?

It's a chz-3

Pominville and Sekera for Heatley. Anything else is an over/underpayment. Of course, we'd have to dump Hecht/Tallinder too. Trading Sekera makes room for Gragnani.

While I don't mind giving up Sekera for a top-flight player like Heatley, I don't think that his departure is making way for Gragnani. He's a little further down the defensive food chain to me.

Pommers would be ideal, but his contract is too big and just adding a potential top four puck moving defenseman is not going to be enough. The deal Pittsburgh gave Atlanta for Hossa is a good place to look for the compensation that it would take to get Dany (two current players, top prospect and a first).

Archived