Tyler Myers Will Be Playing Tonight on NHL Network.....

sven233

Yeah....another solid game. Man among boys out there. Seems like he always plays half the game and makes great plays all over the ice. The Sabres have a good one for many years to come! Get used to him guys.....you will be seeing a lot of him in the VERY near future! LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!

The records are:

Kelowna 2-0

Drummondville 1-1

Rimouski 1-1

Windsor 0-2

So, a win tonight secures the cup, while a loss would have them facing off in the tie-breaker game against the winner of tomorrow's Dummondville-Rimouski game.

The records are:

Kelowna 2-0

Drummondville 1-1

Rimouski 1-1

Windsor 0-2

So, a win tonight secures the cup, while a loss would have them facing off in the tie-breaker game against the winner of tomorrow's Dummondville-Rimouski game.

a win tonight will not secure the cup, as the title game still has to be played against the 2nd placed team on Sunday

http://www.tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=279174

a win tonight will not secure the cup, as the title game still has to be played against the 2nd placed team on Sunday

http://www.tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=279174

Oops. Yup. My mistake.

I haven't found a link that explains how the tournament works exactly, but there is a "tie-breaker game (if necessary)" on Thursday and a "semi-final game" on Friday. Given those games, the fact that 2-0 Kelowna is already in for Sunday and the fact that 0-2 Windsor "faces elimination" against the Rockets, it sounds like the 2nd and 3rd place teams faceoff in the semi-final game on Thursday to see who plays the 1st place team on Sunday. In the case that the third and fourth place teams have the same record (possible if the records are 3-0/1-2/1-2/1-2 or 2-1/2-1/1-2/1-2), then they faceoff in the tie-breaker game to see who advances to the semi-final. However, only the last case would make sense since they would already need a tie-breaking format to determine who's 3rd/4th (i.e., not 2nd) in the first case (much like they would need one to determine who is first in the 2-1/2-1/2-1/0-3 case), so they could use that to determine who is 3rd. Of course, in the second case, they could just use the winner of the head-to-head game (each team plays the other once; in fact, that would seem how Kelowna locks in the first place spot, since they have the head-to-head over whichever other team would end up at 2-1), so I don't know what it is for. Anyone know the exact uses of these two games?

Oops. Yup. My mistake.

I haven't found a link that explains how the tournament works exactly, but there is a "tie-breaker game (if necessary)" on Thursday and a "semi-final game" on Friday. Given those games, the fact that 2-0 Kelowna is already in for Sunday and the fact that 0-2 Windsor "faces elimination" against the Rockets, it sounds like the 2nd and 3rd place teams faceoff in the semi-final game on Thursday to see who plays the 1st place team on Sunday. In the case that the third and fourth place teams have the same record (possible if the records are 3-0/1-2/1-2/1-2 or 2-1/2-1/1-2/1-2), then they faceoff in the tie-breaker game to see who advances to the semi-final. However, only the last case would make sense since they would already need a tie-breaking format to determine who's 3rd/4th (i.e., not 2nd) in the first case (much like they would need one to determine who is first in the 2-1/2-1/2-1/0-3 case), so they could use that to determine who is 3rd. Of course, in the second case, they could just use the winner of the head-to-head game (each team plays the other once; in fact, that would seem how Kelowna locks in the first place spot, since they have the head-to-head over whichever other team would end up at 2-1), so I don't know what it is for. Anyone know the exact uses of these two games?

It's basically a single round robin, with (after the round robin) the third-place team facing the second-place team in a "semi-final" to determine who plays the first-place team.

The "tie breaker game," I believe (I may be wrong) is "if necessary" to determine which team is the third place team, as opposed to fourth.

It's basically a single round robin, with (after the round robin) the third-place team facing the second-place team in a "semi-final" to determine who plays the first-place team.

The "tie breaker game," I believe (I may be wrong) is "if necessary" to determine which team is the third place team, as opposed to fourth.

I had the basic idea, but in looking at the possible records, I don't see how they have a tie-breaker game despite seemingly using some other tie-breaking criteria.

For example, if one team is 3-0 and each other team is 1-2 (each lost to the #1 team, but beat one of the other two and lost to the other, making a circle of head-to-head records), then who plays in the tie-breaker? Does the host city get an automatic bid to semi-final? If so, what if they are the #1 team?

Likewise, in the case that they have now, Kelowna gets the automatic bid to the finals, seemingly because they have the head-to-head win over the other 2-1 team, but who would get it in the case where one team is 0-3 and the other two are 2-1? (Again, with a circle of head-to-head victories for each team's second win)

Not a big deal, but I'd like to see how they decide who plays in which games in the above scenarios.

I guess that they should have taken their first game against Windsor more seriously. A win then would have knocked the Spitfires out.

Yes. Apparently, Kelowna was booed all game yesterday by the Rimouski crowd, who apparently thought Kelowna tanked its round-robin game against the Spitfires on purpose as some sort of ploy to keep the Oceanic from advancing. Far-fetched.

Anyway, from the article, it looks like Myers didn't contribute too much yesterday. I'm not sure I'm ready to see him graduate to the NHL yet. It's a shame that Portland isn't an option.

Yes. Apparently, Kelowna was booed all game yesterday by the Rimouski crowd, who apparently thought Kelowna tanked its round-robin game against the Spitfires on purpose as some sort of ploy to keep the Oceanic from advancing. Far-fetched.

Anyway, from the article, it looks like Myers didn't contribute too much yesterday. I'm not sure I'm ready to see him graduate to the NHL yet. It's a shame that Portland isn't an option.

The score was 3 zip on 3 shots and the Rockets' didn't have a chance to "get into the game" with their goalie not stopping one shot. Myers and the rest of the team tried to get back into it, but Windsor locked it down really well.

Myers was not the reason they lost the Final. He was probably the main reason they made it that far. Myers is ready for the big leagues. He's young. He'll struggle, like Luke Schenn did at times with TO, but he's ready. It's tough to "contribute" like you'd want him too, when it's 3 nothing so early and him being a defenseman. There is only so much he can do. But he's in Buffalo next year. Mark it down.

The score was 3 zip on 3 shots and the Rockets' didn't have a chance to "get into the game" with their goalie not stopping one shot. Myers and the rest of the team tried to get back into it, but Windsor locked it down really well.

Myers was not the reason they lost the Final. He was probably the main reason they made it that far. Myers is ready for the big leagues. He's young. He'll struggle, like Luke Schenn did at times with TO, but he's ready. It's tough to "contribute" like you'd want him too, when it's 3 nothing so early and him being a defenseman. There is only so much he can do. But he's in Buffalo next year. Mark it down.

Yeah, what the hell would you know about it?

Kidding. I hope you're right and that the kid is ready, but if he's here for longer than ten games, he's here all season. Then again, they always can bench him, as long as they keep him on the roster. It's probably a good idea for the Sabres to take the chance on him, given the current state of the blueline.

Yeah, what the hell would you know about it?

Kidding. I hope you're right and that the kid is ready, but if he's here for longer than ten games, he's here all season. Then again, they always can bench him, as long as they keep him on the roster. It's probably a good idea for the Sabres to take the chance on him, given the current state of the blueline.

He HAS to make the team. The culture of the club needs change. He will bring that. He is a good kid, but he's also getting some nastiness in his game. I believe he is the captain of our Sabres in 3 or 4 years time.

He HAS to make the team. The culture of the club needs change. He will bring that. He is a good kid, but he's also getting some nastiness in his game. I believe he is the captain of our Sabres in 3 or 4 years time.

the infusion of young blood and aggression will be very welcome.. i don't know if he will be captain that soon, but i wouldn't mind it..

it's about time the older folks on the team got a little uncomfortable with the youngsters banging on the doors and causing a ruckus

What infusion of aggression? :blink:

have you watched either Myers or Gerbe playing?

Myers plays like someone on the other team is making eyes at his gf and he knows who it is..

Gerbe throws himself around like he's got Myers' size!

how do you play alongside guys like that and Kaleta and not bring your A-game? (rhetorical question, aimed at Hecht, Tallinder, etc)

have you watched either Myers or Gerbe playing?

Myers plays like someone on the other team is making eyes at his gf and he knows who it is..

Gerbe throws himself around like he's got Myers' size!

how do you play alongside guys like that and Kaleta and not bring your A-game? (rhetorical question, aimed at Hecht, Tallinder, etc)

They can't actually see Gerbe though.

Archived