[OT] Metallica

inkman

Who's going? Internet Pre-sale starts @ 10 am.

A little mood music: (NSFW)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F76Vt7AeeVA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F76Vt7AeeVA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

As much as I love old metallica I haven't listened to them since the whole napster thing. Just bugs me too much, and especially Lars.

I just download their albums and don't listen to them. :D

I can't hold it against them. I understood their point, whether or not I agreed. Lars is a bit of a tool, but James, Kirk and Jason/Robert are cool. (as long as I don't watch some kind of Monster) :ph34r:

Could have got the floor but took 2 in section 105 (center ice). That floor's gonna be crazy and I'm done with that now. (Been to a few Black Flag concerts, broken arms, etc. ) Now I have a Murtough list.

Did you see the stage setup? The floor goes all the way around the stage, sitting in the middle.

Who's going? Internet Pre-sale starts @ 10 am.

A little mood music: (NSFW)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F76Vt7AeeVA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F76Vt7AeeVA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

When are they coming to Buffalo? I saw them in DC in January, as always, they put on a great show. I wish they would have played more songs from And Justice For All... (only played Harvester of Sorrow & One).

I like Metallica's old stuff, from Kill Em' All thru And Justice For All..., now I wish they would hurry up and get rid of the all Metallica channel on sirius radio and bring back Liquid Metal. The all Metallica channel was cool for about 2 weeks, now it's old & repetitive.

I like Metallica's old stuff, from Kill Em' All thru And Justice For All...

I don't mind Kill 'Em All but Master and Lightning are where I live. Throw in a little Black and I'm good. :thumbsup:

Edit: They are coming November 10th. I hope I'm still alive by then. :beer:

I've seen 'em like 25 times. I'll be going to the Atlanta show....

Interesting (and true) story. I used to run a Metallica fan site for a chapter of their fan club. I did all of the web site work and whatnot. I had been planning a trip to Australia and it just happened that they were playing two dates while I was in Melbourne. I scored tickets to both shows.

I started a little bit of an Internet campaign, "play Killing Time in Melbourne!" A few of the other sites picked up the fight as well.

When I saw the first show there in Australia, they didn't play it. During the second show? They jammed out about 1/4th of it. I thought it was probably coincidence.

On the way to the car, a black van pulled up. A big dude got out and pushed everyone against a fence. Kirk got out after him. It turned out that big dude was their tour manager at the time. When Kirk got to me, he heard the American voice and asked where I was from. I told him who I was and he told me they played as much Killing time for me as they could remember. Ended up signing my shirt and whatnot.

What the hell were the chances of that? Not only getting the song but meeting up with Kirk on the way out? Hell of a good trip.

What the hell were the chances of that? Not only getting the song but meeting up with Kirk on the way out? Hell of a good trip.

Great story. I've only seen them twice. Consecutive shows in Rochester and Syracuse during the And Justice Tour.

I have a sort of lame story. I wasn't a big pot head at the time but the dude I went with was a big smoker so he sparks a bowl during the first song. Of course I oblige and as we are sitting in our stoned glaze, a couple of old, out of place dudes come and sit in the next section over. Being all paranoid, I figured they were coming to bust us. Before, I could worry any longer, the kids sitting a couple of rows right in front of the weird, out of place dudes, spark up their own bowl. Within 2 seconds, the guys jump the 2 rows, flash their badges and haul the lot of them away.

My buddy and me were in hysterics for the next 5 songs.

Didn't want to risk the floor that will turn into one big mosh pit

Risk it? I'm praying for it. Here I am before my last Metallica show.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ybRnrW78lA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ybRnrW78lA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Risk it? I'm praying for it. Here I am before my last Metallica show.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ybRnrW78lA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ybRnrW78lA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Invisible Ninjas?

I wish I could, I saw then a few years ago on the Summer Sanitarium 2 Tour at Skydome, and then in T.O and Hamilton on the Some Kind of Monster tour

I had plans to go to the Buffalo show last week, but last Saturday I received the shock of my life when my girlfriend of 2 years, andwith whom I just bought a house with in September, decides she wants to go back to living with her parents and doesn't know if she wants to be with me anymore. Now, I'm stuck paying for a mortgage and all the Bills on my own

I 'got' my floor tickets - ;D

Haven't seem them since 97 at the arena - That show was sweet, dude lit himself on fire on the ginormous center stage with the 4 lights going up and down on the corners

Found the set list for that night...

101 Intro Jam

102 So What

103 Creeping Death

104 Sad But True

105 Ain't My Bitch

106 Hero Of The Day

107 King Nothing

108 One

109 Wasting My Hate

110 Bass Solo (incl. My Friend Of Misery)

111 Sanitarium tease

112 Nothing Else Matters

201 Until It Sleeps

202 For Whom the Bell Tolls

203 Wherever I May Roam

204 Fade To Black

205 Seek And Destroy

206 Fight Fire With Fire

207 noodling

208 Last Caress

209 Master Of Puppets

210 Enter Sandman

211 noodling

212 Am I Evil

213 Motorbreath

apuszczalowski sorry to hear about that..hope things work out.

not ragging on you here but that is precisely the reason you never buy real estate w/ someone you're not at least engaged to. stuff like that happens all too often

I was not going to originally, I planned on buying on my own and letting her move in, but she didn't want that and would get mad when I would say its because just in case something ever happened. We bought it together because we were together already 2 years (friends before that for a few years) and eventually were going to get married.

The only good thing about this situation was that i was not married, its much more expensive and a headache then with all the lawyers involved. Luckily, right after taking posetion of the house, I got a much better paying job and I can coverthe Bills and mortgage on my own (not much else though) so I'm not desperate to get rid of the place.

I just can't afford the luxuries I was hoping for like Bills or Sabres Season tickets (or just tickets) and concerts like the Metallica show.

The only good thing about this situation was that i was not married, its much more expensive and a headache then with all the lawyers involved.

:wallbash: Actually, it hasn't been a headache at all. As for the $8,400 of my 401k she's entitled to, not so much...

Archived