• Rivet
    • Spacek
    • Tallinder
    • Lydman
    • Marlboro Man
    • Sekera
    • Butler
    • Paetsch

I voted Tallinder, because while he still has decent games, he's too often just mediocre, and at $3MM he's way overpriced. I'd like to see either Gragnani or Weber play well enough to take his spot next year, and for us to use the $3MM to bring in some more grit and leadership at forward.

EDIT: however, I don't think this is going to happen, because I think it's much more likely that we lose Spacek to free agency and Teppo to retirement (since he's now getting healthy-scratched), and if those 2 leave, Darcy will want to hang onto Tallinder. That would leave us with:

Rivet-Butler

Tallinder-Lydman

Sekera-Weber/Gragnani/Paetsch

Although I'd be fine unloading Tallinder in this scenario too, and just having 2 out of Weber, Gragnani and Paetsch in the top 6 -- I don't think Darcy will do so.

I voted Tallinder, because while he still has decent games, he's too often just mediocre, and at $3MM he's way overpriced. I'd like to see either Gragnani or Weber play well enough to take his spot next year, and for us to use the $3MM to bring in some more grit and leadership at forward.

EDIT: however, I don't think this is going to happen, because I think it's much more likely that we lose Spacek to free agency and Teppo to retirement (since he's now getting healthy-scratched), and if those 2 leave, Darcy will want to hang onto Tallinder. That would leave us with:

Rivet-Butler

Tallinder-Lydman

Although I'd be fine unloading Tallinder in this scenario too, and just having 2 out of Weber, Gragnani and Paetsch in the top 6 -- I don't think Darcy will do so.

Ugh! I'm not liking that second pairing at all... :sick: It's like they offset the first pairing.

Giving the polling data, none of the rest of the blueline corps is going to even come close to that horse.

True. I'm just more frustrated with Tallinder than anything else. Before his arm injuries he was as good a defenseman as we had in a while, but since then he's been tentative, shaky and inconsistent.

I'd trade any of 'em except Sekera or Butler (due to their potential). The rest are all kind of the same: pretty savvy, veteran, weak offensively, and prone to the huge give away now and then. Oh, and not a hitter in the group. Rivet shows some backbone, but he's not naturally talented, IMO.

Tallinder-Lydman

I can't figure out how these two keep ending up together. Yeah, they were good together in ... what ... 2005-06? They have SUCKED together ever since. Lydman always has the occasional brain farts, but they seem to be tripled when the play together. And Hank is ... well, Hank.

Rivet-Butler

Tallinder-Lydman

Ditto'd that vote for all the same reasons and because he actually may have some market value to another team.

Archived