Lalime not on the ice at practice

frisky

he's a beat writer at the news.

February 25, 2009

Bulletin: Lalime absent from practiceMaybe this is much ado about nothing or maybe it's major, major stuff. We're going to have to see but this much we know: The Sabres have started their practice in HSBC Arena today and everyone is on the ice -- except newly minted No. 1 goaltender Patrick Lalime.

Jhonas Enroth is in one net and there's a smallish guy in the other one we think is goaltender coach Jim Corsi. Is Lalime sick? Banged up from the hit he took in the second period last night? Why would he get/take a day off after his first start, especially since Ryan Miller never does?

Guess we have our first question for Lindy Ruff in a little while.

---Mike Harrington

http://buffalonews.typepad.com/sabres/

Call me crazy, but what if there's a trade coming? Lalime for Biron?

Philly NEEDS to cut some salary for Danny Briere to return to the lineup. Nittymaki is Philly's #1 starter and if they don't move anyone, they cant play Briere who is apparently ready to play as early as this weekend. If Lalime goes to Philly for Biron, Philly saves enough money to play Briere and would have a backup and Buffalo would have a new starter. Maybe i am crazy. lol

Philly NEEDS to cut some salary for Danny Briere to return to the lineup. Nittymaki is Philly's #1 starter and if they don't move anyone, they cant play Briere who is apparently ready to play as early as this weekend. If Lalime goes to Philly for Biron, Philly saves enough money to play Briere and would have a backup and Buffalo would have a new starter. Maybe i am crazy. lol

I've jokingly suggested this before, but it actually makes enough sense that I am still holding on to that smallest thread of possibility.

Note: they actually don't need to clear up space to bring back Danny at this point, since he only has about $1.7 million left in cap hit, but if they want to make any other moves (or if Hatcher returns), they will need to clear cap space.

This makes too much sense. Please stop posting.

Updated: he's got the flu. May not travel to Carolina and Sabres don't have any backups left....

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2009/0...e-with-flu.html

Just to play off the "Miller getting run on purpose" thread -

Isn't this a time when it would be strategically sound for the Canes to run the goalie? No backups, rookie netminder...do we even have a "disaster" backup?

Updated: he's got the flu. May not travel to Carolina and Sabres don't have any backups left....

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2009/0...e-with-flu.html

from article:

"Lindy Ruff just told us Patrick Lalime woke up in the middle of the net with flu symptoms."

Well serves him right! If he's sleeping on that cold ice all night he's bound to catch a cold. Dumbass :wallbash:

from article:

"Lindy Ruff just told us Patrick Lalime woke up in the middle of the net with flu symptoms."

Well serves him right! If he's sleeping on that cold ice all night he's bound to catch a cold. Dumbass :wallbash:

The snooze is horrible at proof reading their online edition. I read the paper everyday and see on average 2-3 errors a day. It leads me to believe that they just post it with out proof reading. I just read this little gem in the snooze as well

Charles E. Brackett, of Landon Street, died Tuesday in the Trauma Intensive Care Unit at ECMC, where he had been in critical condition after being in the head and body, authorities said.

The snooze is horrible at proof reading their online edition. I read the paper everyday and see on average 2-3 errors a day. It leads me to believe that they just post it with out proof reading. I just read this little gem in the snooze as well

In their defense, it is a quote from a blog. Harrington is likely at the arena updating it from his blackberry or something. It isn't an "offical" print.

Archived