Lalime not on the ice at practice

frisky

I would totally give Dom a call. So what if he's washed up. It'd at least be fun to watch.

What would be fun, is that once Carolina starts running Dom and nobody helps out, he'd probably proceed to chase down his own teammates after breaking his goalie stick over whoever ran him :thumbsup:

I have a bad feeling that unless Enroth plays great tonight or Miller is expected back next week, we might see Gerber in blue and gold soon.

Here's my evidence:

1) Darcy said that they are looking to add a goalie to the system, possibly to back up Lalime while Miller is out.

2) Darcy said that he was talking to a GM who is a seller yesterday.

3) It is reported (albeit by the Ottawa Sun) that Murray will be placing Gerber on re-entry waivers in the next 48-hours, having received several calls about his availability.

4) Since he would be claimed off of waivers, the Sabres would only have to cover half of his remaining salary, which works out to roughly (0.5)*(50/182)*($3.7 million) =$0.51 million.

Legace would be cheaper, but St. Louis hasn't been rumored yet to be putting him on re-entry waivers.

I have a bad feeling that unless Enroth plays great tonight or Miller is expected back next week, we might see Gerber in blue and gold soon.

Here's my evidence:

1) Darcy said that they are looking to add a goalie to the system, possibly to back up Lalime while Miller is out.

3) It is reported (albeit by the Ottawa Sun) that Murray will be placing Gerber on re-entry waivers in the next 48-hours, having received several calls about his availability.

4) Since he would be claimed off of waivers, the Sabres would only have to cover half of his remaining salary, which works out to roughly (0.5)*(50/182)*($3.7 million) =$0.51 million.

Legace would be cheaper, but St. Louis hasn't been rumored yet to be putting him on re-entry waivers.

Could just as easily be talking to Colorado about Raycroft as part of a bigger deal ... Sabres have supposedly had interest in Smyth (not likely) and Leopold (more likely) ... Raycroft is a UFA after the season and his salary is just $800,000 ... so that's even cheaper than Gerber for what is left in the season.

Not saying Raycroft is a better option, but he fits the criteria above ...

LaLime on the ice at practice today.

Just got the following email from WGR:

The Sabres will have veteran goalie Patrick Lalime as their starting goaltender for tonight's game in Carolina against the Hurricanes. Lalime was battling flu-like symptoms yesterday, but felt better today. Lindy Ruff said he ran a longer 45 minute practice on purpose so his goaltender could test himself.

Ruff also said that he expects Thomas Vanek back in the lineup by next week. Vanek's jaw is no longer wired shut and the All-Star forward said he is in better condition than he thought he would be after no activity following his injury in Ottawa on February 7th..

Just got the following email from WGR:

Ruff also said that he expects Thomas Vanek back in the lineup by next week. Vanek's jaw is no longer wired shut and the All-Star forward said he is in better condition than he thought he would be after no activity following his injury in Ottawa on February 7th..

Vanek has to be an exceptional human specimen to heal that fast. Wow.

Here's my evidence:

Just in from the car, and XM 204 Home Ice has confirmed Gerber on re-entry waivers. When I heard that, my first thought was pick him up till Ryan is back, but I honestly only watch sabre games so I have no idea how truly God awful he has been this year.

Archived