Trade deadline is a month from today (March 4th)...

RayFinkle

Clarke MacArthur can barley make it on the 3rd line, why would he play on the 2nd? Not only do we want the Roy/Pominville line to score goals, but we also put them up against the opponents top line.... that's why i'd keep Jochen Hecht on the wing with Roy and Pominville.

I'd take MacArthur on the 2nd line any day of the week over Kotalik. I don't get all the hating on younger guys like MacArthur and Paille when long time inconsistent veterans like Kotalik get a free pass. I can't wait for him to be off the team. What a waste of size and talent.

what is ur beef with kotalik? they guy has some tools, but he mostly a north south type who has a heavy shot and a half way decent hockey sense. i mean, i think he was a 5th or 6th round project who can score 20 in the national league. i cantfind fault in his game knowing his pedigree and background. he seems like a solid player. you talk about him as if he was the 3rd pick in the draft who refuses to hit and is the 2nd comingof taylor pyatt. what are you taling about? this guy is a great 3rd line player and he costs nothing to keep around. and he a playoff type because he can control pucks in the offensive zone with his 230 pound moose frame.

]

I'd take MacArthur on the 2nd line any day of the week over Kotalik. I don't get all the hating on younger guys like MacArthur and Paille when long time inconsistent veterans like Kotalik get a free pass. I can't wait for him to be off the team. What a waste of size and talent.

Kotalik is the best in the league in shoot out situations. In today's NHL, that alone warrants a spot on the roster.

this guy is a great 3rd line player and he costs nothing to keep around. and he a playoff type because he can control pucks in the offensive zone with his 230 pound moose frame.

You say, "he is a great 3rd line player"? My point exactly....actually not quite. He is more like an above average 3rd line player. Get him off the 2nd line! You also say, "he costs nothing to keep around"? I guess as long as you consider 2.5 mil "nothing"? You want him because of his play in the playoffs? You mean the Kotalik who has scored 6 goals in 34 career playoff games? Very impressive.

Guys who have one good game and then disappear for 5 or 6 are always going to find their way to my shitlist. He has the size and skill to be a "classic power forward", but instead more often than not is a "classic disappearing wuss" instead.

For those in love with Kotalik for his shootout prowess, remind me how this skill is beneficial come playoff time? :doh:

This entire roster plays a good game about every 5th game. Tehy are average -- the whole lot of them. They only have, i think, about 5 first rounders on the roster. They are a 500%. Kotalik is a good palyer on an average club. i dont see any problem with him. when you win playoff games, your stats are better. he aint no conn smyth type -- but his size is needed when the time and space drys up --- which is playoff hockey. i hear your problems with the guy, but i see no lack of effort in him -- for who he is and for what his potential is.

You say, "he is a great 3rd line player"? My point exactly....actually not quite. He is more like an above average 3rd line player. Get him off the 2nd line! You also say, "he costs nothing to keep around"? I guess as long as you consider 2.5 mil "nothing"? You want him because of his play in the playoffs? You mean the Kotalik who has scored 6 goals in 34 career playoff games? Very impressive.

Guys who have one good game and then disappear for 5 or 6 are always going to find their way to my shitlist. He has the size and skill to be a "classic power forward", but instead more often than not is a "classic disappearing wuss" instead.

For those in love with Kotalik for his shootout prowess, remind me how this skill is beneficial come playoff time? :doh:

but his size is needed when the time and space drys up --- which is playoff hockey.

Tallinder's a big guy, too. Neither of them use their bodies with any regularity. Hank used to before his broken arm, but doesn't any more. Ales will get one hit or use his body in the corners once a month. If Kaleta is the "biggest" 195 lbs player in the league (based on how he plays/hits), then Kotalik is one of the smallest 230 lbs players. Size alone does not make you physical.

I appreciate Al's ability to score in shootouts, but I'd rather spend that money on someone who can help us win games before they get to the SO.

Tallinder's a big guy, too. Neither of them use their bodies with any regularity. Hank used to before his broken arm, but doesn't any more. Ales will get one hit or use his body in the corners once a month. If Kaleta is the "biggest" 195 lbs player in the league (based on how he plays/hits), then Kotalik is one of the smallest 230 lbs players. Size alone does not make you physical.

I appreciate Al's ability to score in shootouts, but I'd rather spend that money on someone who can help us win games before they get to the SO.

:thumbsup:

This entire roster plays a good game about every 5th game. Tehy are average -- the whole lot of them. They only have, i think, about 5 first rounders on the roster. They are a 500%. Kotalik is a good palyer on an average club. i dont see any problem with him. when you win playoff games, your stats are better. he aint no conn smyth type -- but his size is needed when the time and space drys up --- which is playoff hockey. i hear your problems with the guy, but i see no lack of effort in him -- for who he is and for what his potential is.

Actually, my biggest problem with him is his lack of effort. Someone with his size and talent should be produce more than he does.

Wellllllll, if he gets pulled down from behind while going in on a breakaway ...

:lol:

OK, not very likely, but there is a SLIGHTLY greater chance of that happening than there is of having the Sabres ask one of us to back up Ryan in the post-season. ;)

Archived