[OT] Superbowl Commercials

spndnchz

Not sure if this one's on but it's hilarious.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Ev5HgGACg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Ev5HgGACg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Am I the only one who finds those talking baby commercials not funny and just a little creepy?

it's a rule for me that adults voicing babies is not funny, and potentially creepy. but for some reason, the e-trade shtick works for me. i am not sure why. maybe it's because there's an awareness on the creators' part that they're doing something that's generally cheesy and unfunny (e.g., "look who's talking"), so they're doing it in a really genuine way? i dunno. i especially love it when the crying kid says "i wanna punch the economy in the face."

i've heard this year's ads will be low-key. with detroit, which is usually a big player in the ads, currently in its downward death spiral, i was glad to stumble across a blog linking me to the single best car commercial ever to air during the superbowl, or maybe ever.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i've heard this year's ads will be low-key. with detroit, which is usually a big player in the ads, currently in its downward death spiral, i was glad to stumble across a blog linking me to the single best car commercial ever to air during the superbowl, or maybe ever.

Anything with old school VH works for me.

C'mon, this is the best car commercial ever:

Please note - NSFW!!!!!!!!!!!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

how did i live this long without seeing that? thanks for a good laugh.

This one may trump it:

Not sure if this one's on but it's hilarious.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Ev5HgGACg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Ev5HgGACg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

spndnchz, you say that the video is hilarious, yet your bio says that you're a Kool-Aid Drinker. Hmmmm...

Apropos?

Majority of the commercials last night were lame. One of the few that had me lmao was the doritto commercial w/ the see the future snow globe. Man, that guy lit up his boss in the nuts!

By far one of my favorite commercials for needing glasses I've ever seen.

Archived