Emery Goes Wild

Bmwolf21

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,137421

Looks like old hothead Emery got pulled from a KHL game, and didn't want to put on the team hat while sitting on the bench. So naturally he swung at a team official (medical staffer?) and chased him down the hallway. The clip replays the start of the dispute at about the :24 mark. (Click the Puck Daddy above for links to different message boards discussing the incident.)

qn80QZODA_I

Sorry, but try putting a hat on me after getting yanked out of a game and see where that hat ends up!!

Seriously, the guy tried FORCING the hat on him, not the best timing in the world......... then to top it off, he stands there mean-mugging him like he's Joe Frazier. I think this "personnel" guy is just as stupid as Emery is, and we all know what happens when you put 2 stupid people together in close quarters...... :death:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,137421

Looks like old hothead Emery got pulled from a KHL game, and didn't want to put on the team hat while sitting on the bench. So naturally he swung at a team official (medical staffer?) and chased him down the hallway. The clip replays the start of the dispute at about the :24 mark. (Click the Puck Daddy above for links to different message boards discussing the incident.)

qn80QZODA_I

Do you have another link? It's been removed due to copyright violations.

Try this one -- with music!

No idea how long it will last.

I finally caught it. I don't know what's up with the guy trying to put the hat on him. However, he went after that guy not once but twice.

Whoever chose the song for that video must have lost his mind. I can't stand "Rock and Roll Part II" and I certainly wouldn't want to have any association with Gary Glitter. (Obviously the Sens fan who may have posted this thought otherwise.)

• 4 months later...
Signed with Flyers,

Emery signs, Biron gone?

BN: Flyers have agreed to a one-year, $1.5 million contract with goaltender Ray Emery. It apparently ends the two-year crease reign of Martin Biron, who was looking for a long-term deal with high digits than Emery commanded.

The best part of that story which should delight Sabrespace is that Marty is looking for 5x5

The best part of that story which should delight Sabrespace is that Marty is looking for 5x5

I love how they suggest that Philly will make a play for Bouwmeester. How can they possibly do that unless they are able to convince some team like the Kings to take a 1st round pick or two along with Briere's salary? Briere got a no movement clause in that deal, didn't he? They'll have to convince him to go along with any deal too.

I love how they suggest that Philly will make a play for Bouwmeester. How can they possibly do that unless they are able to convince some team like the Kings to take a 1st round pick or two along with Briere's salary? Briere got a no movement clause in that deal, didn't he? They'll have to convince him to go along with any deal too.

It delights me to no end that Philly has saddled themselves with that huge contract and now the can't make any splashy FA moves without having to salary dump. That and there is no f'n way that Marty is worth 5 x 5.

Signed with Flyers,

Emery signs, Biron gone?

BN: Flyers have agreed to a one-year, $1.5 million contract with goaltender Ray Emery. It apparently ends the two-year crease reign of Martin Biron, who was looking for a long-term deal with high digits than Emery commanded.

Cage match for the starting job? Biron can use his leg whip move but there's no Peters to bail him out this time.

Nothing would please me more than to see the Emery move blow up in their faces!! Bet'cha Marty is pissed at this signing. I thought he played solid in the playoffs albeit only the 1st round, but it was Phiily's defense that sucked, not Marty in my opinion.

Guest Sloth

Flyers fans have to be getting a little nervous about the 09/10 season. No goaltending = no playoffs. How can Biron expect Philly to give him 5 for 5? He is not worth that much. Philly probably signed Emery for two reasons. One, Biron will probably drop his asking price because Philly has shown they'll go w/ another goalie if they have to. Two, after Biron signs a lower contract, Emery will be the backup Philly needs. I had hopes Biron would be willing to come back to Buffalo and reclaim his backup position, too...

Flyers fans have to be getting a little nervous about the 09/10 season. No goaltending = no playoffs. How can Biron expect Philly to give him 5 for 5? He is not worth that much. Philly probably signed Emery for two reasons. One, Biron will probably drop his asking price because Philly has shown they'll go w/ another goalie if they have to. Two, after Biron signs a lower contract, Emery will be the backup Philly needs. I had hopes Biron would be willing to come back to Buffalo and reclaim his backup position, too...

Never going to happen. Marty is good enough to be a starter in this league & he knows it.

Good post. Marty is hardly worth what he is supposed to be asking for.

I'd love to see Marty back in Blue and Gold. As someone on this board previously stated, he'd help bring back some of the Sabres former "swagger". He's a great guy in the locker room, and someone whom everyone enjoys being around.

Unfortunately, I believe a team like Colorado will make a strong push to obtain Biron in the offseason.

Archived