NHL All-Star Game

Two or less

By the way, I kept Versus on after the game and have sorta watched this "Sports Soup" show. Someone please tell me this is just a half-hour bad SNL skit, because it's awful. Just straight-up, old-fashioned bad. I haven't even cracked a smile while this announcer is practically wetting himself at his own jokes.

11 goals...is it too much to ask that Vanek be better than 0 points and a -3??

Yes it is. Do you think any of the players really care if they win?

They were all playing at a maximum of 75% and it's not like there was any intensity. The game got boring after about 5 minutes after it started.

Don't get me wrong....it's a nice thing to have this as a celebration of the best players in the game, but why the H do we care about who scores and whether Vanek's +/- was any good?

That's not the kind of game he was meant to play. A bunch of skill guys trying to show off nonstop? That's not his game at all. He picks up a lot of garbage goals and some really nice deflections on powerplays. Since there is absolutely no grinding or penalties in an all star game, Vanek wasn't going to put up any numbers.

By the way, I kept Versus on after the game and have sorta watched this "Sports Soup" show. Someone please tell me this is just a half-hour bad SNL skit, because it's awful. Just straight-up, old-fashioned bad. I haven't even cracked a smile while this announcer is practically wetting himself at his own jokes.

Yeah he's really annoying to watch. I don't want to see his dumb sh!t grin unless there are beautiful women rubbing steaks on him. That commercial was fantastic.

To be fair, it was a poor decision of linemates then him playing bad. Vanek played with Kovalchuk and Carter. All three of these players want play a really different game of hockey. Carter and Vanek need someone to create the play before they finish it, and Kovalchuk doesn't pass. This line combined for 0 points.

To be fair, it was a poor decision of linemates then him playing bad. Vanek played with Kovalchuk and Carter. All three of these players want play a really different game of hockey. Carter and Vanek need someone to create the play before they finish it, and Kovalchuk doesn't pass. This line combined for 0 points.

I do recall one play where Kovalchuk and Vanek came in on a 2 on 1. Vanek went to the net on the right side while Kovalchuk skated down on the left. Kovalchuk did try to feed Vanek - if you consider passing the puck to the defenseman an attempt to pass to Vanek.

I do recall one play where Kovalchuk and Vanek came in on a 2 on 1. Vanek went to the net on the right side while Kovalchuk skated down on the left. Kovalchuk did try to feed Vanek - if you consider passing the puck to the defenseman an attempt to pass to Vanek.

Vanek had another one in the second where he made a nice little deke then passed off the puck to the opposite post. It was either intercepted or the receiving player missed the shot. Either way, the initial move looked good. There was one in the first where he made a nice move behind the net, came around a shot it, but the goalie made a good save.

I agree that it was a poorly constructed line.

Archived