Western road trip games to be televised after all

cpabob

I wrote them a very long rant about how their decision, in this day and age, furthers the growing perception that they are a weak, penny-pinching organization and reminded them that, right or wrong, perceptions are reality in business. They need to consider such indirect costs when making these decisions.

I'm glad that I played a part, however small, in this decision.

I guess they might have gambled that everyone goes to bed like an old folks community before the Western games start. Glad the folks at home who can stay up will get to watch the games. Drinking at midnight on a Tuesday...

RJ will get his vacation and we'll just get Paul, that guy from Alberta, and Kevin. Sounds like preseason.

Yet again, Sabres management scrambling to do something that should have been done in the first place. Always a step behind.

I swear, they could win the Stanley Cup this season and some people on here would say "Only took you 39 years, thanks for making us wait so long!" They did the right thing and listened to the fans. Doesn't make them geniuses or the best organ-I-zation in the world, but they deserve credit for it. Most teams do not have every single game televised and in fact some put some pay per view. The Sabres just went out of their way to make sure their fans would see the games. And you found a way to complain about it. Amazing.

This is great. I wonder what WGR55 thinks about it.

Probably not thrilled, they can't even sell "Turn down your TV and listen to RJ" ... you can still do that but ... not sure Paul Hamilton is a draw ...

I wrote them a very long rant about how their decision, in this day and age, furthers the growing perception that they are a weak, penny-pinching organization and reminded them that, right or wrong, perceptions are reality in business. They need to consider such indirect costs when making these decisions.

I'm glad that I played a part, however small, in this decision.

I was right there with ya. The community has spoken!

I guess they might have gambled that everyone goes to bed like an old folks community before the Western games start. Glad the folks at home who can stay up will get to watch the games. Drinking at midnight on a Tuesday...

RJ will get his vacation and we'll just get Paul, that guy from Alberta, and Kevin. Sounds like preseason.

I think we get NHL Network guys? WIG, MSG carrying the feed from NHL Network?

I swear, they could win the Stanley Cup this season and some people on here would say "Only took you 39 years, thanks for making us wait so long!" They did the right thing and listened to the fans. Doesn't make them geniuses or the best organ-I-zation in the world, but they deserve credit for it. Most teams do not have every single game televised and in fact some put some pay per view. The Sabres just went out of their way to make sure their fans would see the games. And you found a way to complain about it. Amazing.

Probably not thrilled, they can't even sell "Turn down your TV and listen to RJ" ... you can still do that but ... not sure Paul Hamilton is a draw ...

Actually, I'm looking forward to hearing Paul. I have a feeling he's going to be good.

nt caught my sarcasm.

guess I should have made it more obvious. :rolleyes:

Vacation? He's off for 3-4 months at a time.

RJ is the man.

He gets all the time off he wants (in my book).

In his remaining few years left, some leeway is absolutely necessary.

And hey, if you had to sit and listen to Neale for forty-some games...

I am looking forward to Hamilton as well.

He talked this afternoon about his experience with the Americans, Ohio State, Batavia High School?, and recently his work with Niagara.

Aside from the play-by-play, he is a great rep for the game and deeply intelligent and completely listenable regarding hockey.

The airing of the previously 'blacked-out' west coast games is something that should happen.

I don't care if other teams do not televise all of their games.

Buffalo has always broadcasted all their games, especially in recent campaigns. (with a few exceptions, I know)

...and the fan base here! not just the Sabres fans, but hockey fans in general.

The rest of the NHL franchises and the league do not keep the best interests of the fans in mind.

They need to smarten up.

It doesn't mean the comments made are ungrateful.

RJ is the man.

He gets all the time off he wants (in my book).

In his remaining few years left, some leeway is absolutely necessary.

And hey, if you had to sit and listen to Neale for forty-some games...

I am looking forward to Hamilton as well.

He talked this afternoon about his experience with the Americans, Ohio State, Batavia High School?, and recently his work with Niagara.

Aside from the play-by-play, he is a great rep for the game and deeply intelligent and completely listenable regarding hockey.

The airing of the previously 'blacked-out' west coast games is something that should happen.

I don't care if other teams do not televise all of their games.

Buffalo has always broadcasted all their games, especially in recent campaigns. (with a few exceptions, I know)

...and the fan base here! not just the Sabres fans, but hockey fans in general.

The rest of the NHL franchises and the league do not keep the best interests of the fans in mind.

They need to smarten up.

It doesn't mean the comments made are ungrateful.

Have the Sabres ever aired all 82 games? I have no problem with a reduced television schedule. If they want to show 70 games that's fine with me. Just do a better job of picking the games that wont be shown. Do I ever need to see another Thrasher game. No. Islanders? No. You can add the Devils, Lightning and Panthers to that list as well.

I have no problem with a reduced television schedule.

I do. I want to watch every game. If I didn't, I'd just check the scores in the morning. There is absolutely no reason that they shouldn't be able to televise every game.

Do I ever need to see another Thrasher game. No. Islanders? No. You can add the Devils, Lightning and Panthers to that list as well.

Sabres vs. Thrashers? Yes. Sabres vs. Islanders? Yes. Sabres vs. Devils, Lightning or Panthers? Yes. Yes. Yes.

Archived