Hecht demoted to 4th-line

carpandean

Just listening to WGR550 and they said that Hecht has been demoted to the 4th line. Didn't say if that will be at center or on Ellis' wing. I hope it's the latter. Get him back to where he belongs and see if that helps him get his game back. Also didn't say who would take his place on a top line. My guesses would be Goose or MacArthur. Mair is questionable with a knee injury, so he will likely be limited in ice time if he plays.

Just listening to WGR550 and they said that Hecht has been demoted to the 4th line. Didn't say if that will be at center or on Ellis' wing. I hope it's the latter. Get him back to where he belongs and see if that helps him get his game back. Also didn't say who would take his place on a top line. My guesses would be Goose or MacArthur. Mair is questionable with a knee injury, so he will likely be limited in ice time if he plays.

I believe Hecht was the center, with Paille on one wing and Max and Peters switching on and off on the other wing.

Lindy wouldn't punish Ellis. "Thanks Matt for your hard work - here, have a player I called out as 'not working hard' for your line."

There was a time when Hecht seemed immovable when he had the puck behind the net in the offensive zone. No one could take the puck from him and he was able to set up some nice plays. He's like a ghost out there now.

Hard to believe this is the same guy who many on this board wanted to wear the 'C' permanently.

Good. It's where he belongs. He might be my favorite player on the team but he is playing like a 4th line players now. He is not the same player he was last year.

He is my favorite player as well,and i couldn't be happier that he has been demoted. Maybe Ruff is also trying to send a message to Regier. "Hey i need a reliable center,and its not my job to trade for one".

There was a time when Hecht seemed immovable when he had the puck behind the net in the offensive zone. No one could take the puck from him and he was able to set up some nice plays. He's like a ghost out there now.

Hard to believe this is the same guy who many on this board wanted to wear the 'C' permanently.

Where there actually "many" or just a couple. I and others wanted Pominville and most like the idea of Rivet wearing the 'C'. I don't recall many Hecht supports out there. It could just be my faulty gray matter.

As I recall there was plenty of pom-poms for Hecht here.

Don't get me wrong. I like Hecht, but at 2.5 to 3 mil per year. Not at a 3.5 per year cap hit...especially when is playing like crap. Same goes for Gaustad's contract which is equally bad.

Next season when Kotalik will get an offer of 3.5+ and he puts up his 22 goals and 35-45 points, the fans of that team will be saying the same thing.

Where there actually "many" or just a couple. I and others wanted Pominville and most like the idea of Rivet wearing the 'C'. I don't recall many Hecht supports out there. It could just be my faulty gray matter.

My recollection (such as it is) is that the most popular candidates were Gaustad and Roy. Pommer and Hecht were both in the mix. IMHO, none of the 4 has played remotely well enough this year to come close to earning it.

Don't get me wrong. I like Hecht, but at 2.5 to 3 mil per year. Not at a 3.5 per year cap hit...especially when is playing like crap. Same goes for Gaustad's contract which is equally bad.

Nest season when Kotalik will get an offer of 3.5+ and he puts up his 22 goals and 35-45 points, the fans of that team will be saying the same thing.

You are joking, right? I think there is NFW we offer Kotalik over $2.5MM, and I think the most likely outcome is that we trade him at the deadline.

My recollection (such as it is) is that the most popular candidates were Gaustad and Roy. Pommer and Hecht were both in the mix. IMHO, none of the 4 has played remotely well enough this year to come close to earning it.

You are joking, right? I think there is NFW we offer Kotalik over $2.5MM, and I think the most likely outcome is that we trade him at the deadline.

I didn't say the Sabres will offer him 3.5+. ;) Just that he will get a FA offer in that range.

Archived