Vanek leads league with 18 goals?

carpandean

Just checked NHL.com and they have Vanek at 18 goals. I thought "hmmm ... I had him at 17." They said 17 during last night's game, too. The difference? They gave Vanek the tic-tac-toe goal that looked like Stafford's second against Pittsburgh. I've watched the replay a couple of times but with the only view given and the low resolution, it's hard to tell. It's possible that Vanek's pass never reached Stafford, but instead went off of Orpik's skate or maybe even off of the inside of Curry's far pad. Anyone remember another replay that showed Stafford actually touch it? I could have sworn that Stafford was originally credited with it, so they must have corrected it after watching the replays.

From the replays I saw, it looked far more likely me to that Stafford touched it. I was surprised when someone in the GDT said maybe it was Vaneks'. I watched the replays and thought no way, that's Staffords'. Stafford's reaction also made it look like his.

I just hit pause and then clicked through the replay frame by frame. The pass definitely made it through Orpik, but Letang had his stick blade down in front of Stafford's. It's a little too blurry at the point that the puck actually was redirected, but it is very likely that it was Letang, not Stafford, who tapped it in.

Edit: on doing a frame by frame again, I am almost certain that it hit Letang's blade, but Stafford's blade was on the back of Letang's, forcing the redirect into the net. It wouldn't have gone in without Stafford's effort, but I do believe that it was Vanek's goal.

Just checked NHL.com and they have Vanek at 18 goals. I thought "hmmm ... I had him at 17." They said 17 during last night's game, too. The difference? They gave Vanek the tic-tac-toe goal that looked like Stafford's second against Pittsburgh. I've watched the replay a couple of times but with the only view given and the low resolution, it's hard to tell. It's possible that Vanek's pass never reached Stafford, but instead went off of Orpik's skate or maybe even off of the inside of Curry's far pad. Anyone remember another replay that showed Stafford actually touch it? I could have sworn that Stafford was originally credited with it, so they must have corrected it after watching the replays.

They changed it--I'm not going to say "corrected" because I never studied the replays--after the game; they mentioned it on the WGR post-game show, but that was all the publicity the decision received.

They changed it--I'm not going to say "corrected" because I never studied the replays--after the game; they mentioned it on the WGR post-game show, but that was all the publicity the decision received.

It's hard to imagine that they would change a goal a day later and be wrong, so corrected sounds perfectly fine to me.

I think he just had one against Pit. <_<

Not to be a jerk, but did you actually read the thread? The whole point was that they changed his second goal to be Vanek's as it was Letang's stick, not Stafford's that directed it into the net. So, no, he did not just have one against Pit.

Not to be a jerk, but did you actually read the thread? The whole point was that they changed his second goal to be Vanek's as it was Letang's stick, not Stafford's that directed it into the net. So, no, he did not just have one against Pit.

You're not being a jerk. I'm just an idiot. Sorry, I did not read properly.

I can't help but laugh every time I see/hear Letang's name.

There, that's my one worthless post for the day.

I can't help but laugh every time I see/hear Letang's name.

There, that's my one worthless post for the day.

I giggle every time I hear it as well. And don't sell yourself short, you have plenty of worthless posts left in you for today.

Archived