Toni Lydman appreciation thread

RR61

Even though the Sabres lost in Montreal last night, I thought that Lydman deserved a lot of credit for his work -- especially during the Montreal 5 on 3 advantage in the third. Lydman and Rivet had 4 blocked shots during that penalty kill. Lydman lay down in front of a slapshot at one point.

I know someone is going to point out that Lydman and Rivet were on the ice during the 4 on 4 when the Habs got the game winner. But Lydman was playing a very physical game last night, dishing out the kind of hits the Sabres have needed from their D-men. I think his play was improved as soon as he was paired with someone other than Tallinder. I think used to play more conservatively so he could cover up Tallinder's mistakes.

Toni played well last night. One thing I didn't see was anyone sticking up for the cheap shots that the Habs were dishing out. The crosschecking around the goal was unreal. I watched someone take a cross check to the back of the head. Plus we were outhit almost 3-1. Where is the physicality?

Toni played well last night. One thing I didn't see was anyone sticking up for the cheap shots that the Habs were dishing out. The crosschecking around the goal was unreal. I watched someone take a cross check to the back of the head. Plus we were outhit almost 3-1. Where is the physicality?

As I mentioned in the GDT, Gaustad, Stafford and Paille were invisible last night. Kaleta was hitting well, like he almost always does, but he can't do it alone.

I thought that Lydman deserved a lot of credit for his work
Lydman is definitely playing much better this year. Often times, he is the best defenseman on the ice.
:thumbsup: The guy is playing great!
Toni played well last night.
I've definitely been happier with Lydman this year. He's been consistent. And he has been sticking up for Miller around the crease which I like to see. Angry Toni is good!
Lydman has been the best blueliner on the ice for us this year hands down.

...and what is different this year as opposed to last year. No more Hank the Tank as his partner. Coincidence, me thinks not.

Archived