Brodeur leaves game with elbow injury

carpandean

That's the first thing that went through my head. Sabres have already played against 5 backup goalies this season, this one could be huge. Although, without Brodeur, i suspect, the Devils will play a extra defensive game where we won't even get more then 15 shots on goal. lol

I'm looking all over for more information on this, and naturally, I'm not finding a whole lot. There is some speculation that the injury is a hyperextension or strain, rather than a bruise, for example, here, but I can't find any prediction whether he will start tomorrow.

With him or without him, though, the game will probably be the snooze-fest; that's just the way Devils games go.

As Lindy said, we had plenty of chances last year, but couldn't seem to solve Brodeur (though, I do vaguely remember Hank putting a move on him in the SO last year :thumbsup: .) One way to solve him is not to play against him. Of course, we do have a habit of making backups look like all-stars.

I'm sure the Devils will wait as long as possible before announcing anything. If he is injured, they'll have to call up another goalie to sit on the bench as a backup for Weekes, so that should be the point that they will make an announcement.

As Lindy said, we had plenty of chances last year, but couldn't seem to solve Brodeur (though, I do vaguely remember Hank putting a move on him in the SO last year :thumbsup: .) One way to solve him is not to play against him. Of course, we do have a habit of making backups look like all-stars.

I'm sure the Devils will wait as long as possible before announcing anything. If he is injured, they'll have to call up another goalie to sit on the bench as a backup for Weekes, so that should be the point that they will make an announcement.

Either way, camping in front, doing the Avery or crashing the net are always options with Peters, Kaleta & Goose. :thumbsup:

You make it sound like they were gonna run and gun with him in there ... pretty much the same either way, especially when they are also missing Rolston and I think Gionta ... even with Brodeur they were gonna take the air out of the puck. They are not alone, the Sabres need as much work against it as they can get.

EDIT - That was in response to Polako ... sorry should have quoted ...

Archived