Trouble in Ranger Land

bottlecap

Gotta try to stay ahead of the curve; studs have to come from somewhere. Sabre equivalents would be Paille/MacArthur I guess.

The last "stud" prospect the Sabres have had in their system was Vanek. I guess it comes down to what the actual definition of stud is.

The Rangers will finish first or second in the conference as long as Lundqvist stays healthy.

Don't talk crazy man, 1st place? The last time you talked crazy you made out the Tampa Bay Lightning to be a power and look at them. 2nd place isn't out of reach but i highly doubt they finish 2nd.

Don't talk crazy man, 1st place? The last time you talked crazy you made out the Tampa Bay Lightning to be a power and look at them. 2nd place isn't out of reach but i highly doubt they finish 2nd.

I still expect Tampa to make the playoffs.

You can't it both ways. You want to dismiss the Rangers start yet the Tampa start apparently fortells their season. Its still October.

I still expect Tampa to make the playoffs.

You can't it both ways. You want to dismiss the Rangers start yet the Tampa start apparently fortells their season. Its still October.

I do think the NYR will make the playoffs or just fall short. Many teams has started off very fast and faded. Although, i don't think the NYR are THIS good. They are playing good team hockey right now and working hard but i just wonder how long it was last? And i thought Tampa was dumb for hiring Melrose, and i think ANY team, which changes it's roster THAT much, will have a hard time winning games. Chemistry is a big thing in the NHL. Only way i think Tampa would have been a playoff caliber team is if Steven Stamkos would be far and beyond on the Rookie of the Year chase. Which, he's not. In fact, he shouldn't even be in the NHL right now. Oh, and the over paid Ryan Malone i never liked. He played mostly on the 3rd line in Pittsburgh or with Malkin. Only good year was his contract year.... no Malkin and guaranteed money = same old Malone.

I do think the NYR will make the playoffs or just fall short. Many teams has started off very fast and faded. Although, i don't think the NYR are THIS good. They are playing good team hockey right now and working hard but i just wonder how long it was last? And i thought Tampa was dumb for hiring Melrose, and i think ANY team, which changes it's roster THAT much, will have a hard time winning games. Chemistry is a big thing in the NHL. Only way i think Tampa would have been a playoff caliber team is if Steven Stamkos would be far and beyond on the Rookie of the Year chase. Which, he's not. In fact, he shouldn't even be in the NHL right now. Oh, and the over paid Ryan Malone i never liked. He played mostly on the 3rd line in Pittsburgh or with Malkin. Only good year was his contract year.... no Malkin and guaranteed money = same old Malone.

Are you really saying that the Rangers will barely make the playoffs?

Talk about looking at things with your heart.

I find your rose colored glasses view of the Sabres refreshing if a little naive, but who exactly do you see doing well this year in the East?

Pittsburgh. Washington. Montreal. Boston. I do think Philly will play much better. NJ is always good. NYR and Buffalo, despite very good starts, will be fighting for that 5-8 spot, with many other teams, and i think Buffalo is a better team then NYR thus making NYR fighting for the 6-8 spot. But, could miss it. Philly and Carolina are also solid teams too who will be fighting for that 6-8 spot.

Pittsburgh. Washington. Montreal. Boston. I do think Philly will play much better. NJ is always good. NYR and Buffalo, despite very good starts, will be fighting for that 5-8 spot, with many other teams, and i think Buffalo is a better team then NYR thus making NYR fighting for the 6-8 spot. But, could miss it. Philly and Carolina are also solid teams too who will be fighting for that 6-8 spot.

Pittsburgh is in a lot of trouble if they don't find a winger for Crosby and temporary replacements for Gonchar and Whitney. New York, Washington and Montreal are clearly superior teams as presently constituted although Boston could move up if they can add some offense or some of their kids step up. Buffalo should be a solid 5 or 6 seed if they can stay healthy and Pominville and Roy can join Vanek in having a stellar season.

Pittsburgh is in a lot of trouble if they don't find a winger for Crosby and temporary replacements for Gonchar and Whitney. New York, Washington and Montreal are clearly superior teams as presently constituted although Boston could move up if they can add some offense or some of their kids step up. Buffalo should be a solid 5 or 6 seed if they can stay healthy and Pominville and Roy can join Vanek in having a stellar season.

Crosbys' true colors are showing, he's healthy with no support? I dont buy it. What a whiner. :thumbdown: wah.

Oh, BTW, Drurys' first goal DiPee scored for him.....no credit deserved in my book.

Bah, get off my lawn.

Crosbys' true colors are showing, he's healthy with no support? I dont buy it. What a whiner. :thumbdown: wah.

Oh, BTW, Drurys' first goal DiPee scored for him.....no credit deserved in my book.Bah, get off my lawn.

I was just going to look that line up on the stat sheet for goals that deserve no credit, but since you got the list, who lead the league last year in that category?

I was just going to look that line up on the stat sheet for goals that deserve no credit, but since you got the list, who lead the league last year in that category?

One could suggest that Vanek was up there. I swear that half of his goals last year came from Roy banking it in off his arm or his shin. Then there was that hat trick empty netter at the end of the season that Roy dished off to him ...

(Yes, I am kidding ... mostly.)

I dont know..I have watched both the Rangers and the Sabres play almost every game this year and I see the Rangers finishing higher up than the Sabres..The Sabres still seem to be missing that go to Center..The one who wins the faceoffs when needed the one who can shut down the others top player..Roy is a pretty good offensive player based on his play last year but he is no 2 way hot shot..The defense when healthy goes to the Sabres but goaltending goes to the Rangers. Offense is pretty close..On top of it all it seems we have a been hit hard by injuries and that doesnt bode well..The season is young and to be missing so many could be a glimpse of our season to come..Sooner or later those injuries catch up to you..

I dont know..I have watched both the Rangers and the Sabres play almost every game this year and I see the Rangers finishing higher up than the Sabres..The Sabres still seem to be missing that go to Center..The one who wins the faceoffs when needed the one who can shut down the others top player..Roy is a pretty good offensive player based on his play last year but he is no 2 way hot shot..The defense when healthy goes to the Sabres but goaltending goes to the Rangers. Offense is pretty close..On top of it all it seems we have a been hit hard by injuries and that doesnt bode well..The season is young and to be missing so many could be a glimpse of our season to come..Sooner or later those injuries catch up to you..

I will argue the depth of roster compared to the Sabres being better. Gomez is better than any of our face-off guys right now. Youth and chemistry go to BUF. The biggest separation is the defense, considering they have Kalinin. In a playoff series like the last one (theres no Jagr obviously, or Shanahan or Avery) All you need to worry about is Dubinsky, Callahan, Voros & Drury I guess offensively. Lundquist like Brodeur must win series with defensive support which is suspect at this point.

Team Offense goes to Sabres

Team Defense goes to Sabres

Goaltending, I'll give to Rangers based on an individual basis

Injuries is an obvious key, but no excuse.

I expect to see the Pens and Strangers battling for 1st in that division by the end of the year. I'm still not sold on the Rags' D, but their goaltending is 1st rate, and their forwards should be better this year than last. Washington is the cream of their division and Moe-ray-all is the tops in the conference IMHO.

My expectation is that Buffalo will end up w/ the 5th seed when all is said and done, but they could be a point or 2 higher than the Rags/Pens loser. I could see NJ or Baahston finishing ahead of the Sabres but don't expect it. Barring major injury I don't see any of the other teams finishing ahead of the Sabres when all is said and done.

Archived