Anyone else miss Sabres home games on Sunday at 7PM?

LabattBlue

I know Friday and Saturday home games are money makers for the Sabres, but does anyone else miss Sunday home games at 7PM?

There was nothing better than being at a Bills game(or watching on TV) and then follow that up with going to a Sabres game(or watching on TV). This made for a great day of nothing but sports.

:(

I too miss them ... it seemed every weekend it was either Friday-Sunday home games (and Saturday was STILL a hockey night thanks to Hockey Night in Canada) or Saturday at Montreal/Boston/Quebec (Tornonto was in the other conference so didn't play them enough) and then home Sunday, often against the same team ...

I miss the regular Sunday-Thursday home games, which later became Sunday-Wednesday. I actually prefer weeknight games now. They give me something to look forward to during the workday. If they had no home games Fri-Sat-Sun at all, I'd be fine (but I know that almost everyone else wouldn't). Also unfortunately for the few of us that prefer weeknight games--and you really can't blame the Sabres for this--it seems that most of the marquee matchups are reserved for weekends, so the odd Tuesday night home game that I look forward to going to after work usually features the Kings or Blue Jackets or something.

When did Sunday games peter out? Maybe during the heyday of the Bills?

I used to have this thing in my head when I was planning on homework on a Sunday night -- 7 - 7:45 for the first period, 8 - 8:45 for the second, 9 - 9:45 for the third. Games lasted longer then.

Great memory LB.

When did Sunday games peter out? Maybe during the heyday of the Bills?

I used to have this thing in my head when I was planning on homework on a Sunday night -- 7 - 7:45 for the first period, 8 - 8:45 for the second, 9 - 9:45 for the third. Games lasted longer then.

Great memory LB.

I've got to disagree - by my 9:30 bedtime in the very early 70's I was listening to the post game show from the Aud Club on my transistor radio.

Archived