The Luck O' Malarchuk

rbochan

yeah, i saw this and had a reaction similar to ink's: dude's struggled mightily with depression over the years -- a claim that a self-inflicted gun shot wound was an "accident" is, regrettably, one i can't accept at face value. in any event, i hope that he's soon feeling right as rain.

An "accident" with a 3 foot long rifle is unfortunate. However, how many friggin chances is this guy going to get? If it was truly an accident, Clint Malarchuk may very well be the luckiest human being on Earth. If it was an "accident", I hope he gets the help he needs.

The guy is a disaster. He gave the paramedics trouble i read? I hope he gets well and gets the treatment he needs but as the Aud Smell said, he's been fighting with depression for years, it's bound to catch up to him one of these times. I hope i'm wrong but he just ain't right.

I can't help but take umbrage at the notion that he needs help. It's his life; does he not have the right to die?

Well, apparently not..... :blush:

In all seriousness, I hope he gets better from whatever is going on. As someone else posted, Coaching in Columbus may not be the best therapy for depression..... try Vancouver......

I can't help but take umbrage at the notion that he needs help. It's his life; does he not have the right to die?

so, people who're suffering from the scourge that is clinical depression should be left to pursue their own suicidal ideations?

i understand libertarianism, but what you said above is just absurd.

p.s. i also seem to recall hearing that clint had a history of self-medicating with booze and prescription drugs -- that could help explain why he gave the paramedics a tough time.

I wish all the best for him. Maybe working for Columbus isn't the best idea - that can't help depression.

Well it looks like he has done some good work down there. The emergence of Leclaire should have a positive impact. Yeah, I know you're joking, but in all seriousness, it looks like he has done a pretty good job so far.

I hope its just an accident... in that case he needs to severly take a firearms safety class because holding the butt on the ground between your knees is not a proper way to hold a gun when not in use. Also though, with my .22 theres definitely a way easier way to hold it if one was trying to kill ones self. And shooting rabbits would be a valid excuse the way they can tear through a garden.

Archived