[OT] Why is today so unique(sports related)?

LabattBlue

Don't know what that means, but you are wrong!

I may not be right, but I am not wrong. Today is the thirty-third anniversary of the players association filing a law suit on behalf of Andy Messersmith which eventually led to free agency, first in baseball, then all the rest. Messersmith would eventually sign with Atlanta wearing Channel 47 to advertise TBS Superstation which eventually led to the restriction of no nick names on Major league jerseys.

I may not be right, but I am not wrong. Today is the thirty-third anniversary of the players association filing a law suit on behalf of Andy Messersmith which eventually led to free agency, first in baseball, then all the rest. Messersmith would eventually sign with Atlanta wearing Channel 47 to advertise TBS Superstation which eventually led to the restriction of no nick names on Major league jerseys.

Interesting, but not the answer I am looking for. WRONG!

No regular or post season games being played in the major U.S. sports leagues?

Close enough!

One of the few days(maybe the only day as it varies from year to year) where no games(regular season or post season) are being played in the 4 major sports AND no games in D-1 Football and Basketball.

Close enough!

One of the few days(maybe the only day as it varies from year to year) where no games(regular season or post season) are being played in the 4 major sports AND no games in D-1 Football and Basketball.

Tell that to Troy and Florida Atlantic fans... lol

Close enough!

I swore that I saw that Troy State plays Florida Atlantic in football on tv tonight. Did I misread that?

First you give up complaint thursdays and now you have your own game? You've been in a giving mood lately, haven't you?

Complaint Thursdays has got to come back. That's my favorite place to vent.

Archived