Craig Rivet...How big an impact will he make this year

frisky

Since you wouldn't diss Paetsch, i will. The guy is horrible. He's never going to be a PP QB. He's average in his own zone, loses the puck, doesn't even have good vision skating up the rink.

Problem is, half of Sabres-nation saw him play about 5 good games and figured he was the next Brian Campbell. I saw him in Rochester and he never displayed anything more than what we see on a game-to-game basis.

Problem is, half of Sabres-nation saw him play about 5 good games and figured he was the next Brian Campbell. I saw him in Rochester and he never displayed anything more than what we see on a game-to-game basis.

Which is fine for his role, IMO. He's not going to be the next Campbell or Rivet, but he does pretty good in his role. He's a pretty solid no.7, assuming you don't expect him to play 75 games.

I don't believe so. Weber was brought up from Rochester last year, which is completely different.

Okay but do they have return Myers to Junior or could they send/assign him to Portland ? I was thinking he would be in Portland because they liked what they saw and it would speed up his development.

Okay but do they have return Myers to Junior or could they send/assign him to Portland ? I was thinking he would be in Portland because they liked what they saw and it would speed up his development.

He can't go to AHL. It's a rule between the NHL and the junior leagues in Canada to protect stars from leaving CHL too early. You gotta be 20 years old to play in AHL i believe.

And if Myers were to stay with Buffalo, he can't play over 9 games unless Sabres were to keep him for the entire season. Any player who plays 10 or more NHL games is ineligible for the junior leagues in Canada.

Which is fine for his role, IMO. He's not going to be the next Campbell or Rivet, but he does pretty good in his role. He's a pretty solid no.7, assuming you don't expect him to play 75 games.

At $550k per yes, i agree.

This season he's making $800k. Ok, i can live with that. Although i think he's over rated.

But next season the dude is going to make over a million bucks. He needs to play better.

At $550k per yes, i agree.

This season he's making $800k. Ok, i can live with that. Although i think he's over rated.

But next season the dude is going to make over a million bucks. He needs to play better.

I think it's unrealistic to expect to find a reliable no.7 for around the league minimum. But are we really going to quibble over modest annual raises? He's not getting $2M+ to sit in the box.

And of course his play regressed last year. Damn near everyone in a Buffalo uniform regressed last year. The year prior he put up decent numbers - 2-22-24, +10.

How do you overrate a versatile no.7 defenseman who everyone admits is a fill-in/backup only, who knows his role and seems OK with it?

How do you overrate a versatile no.7 defenseman who everyone admits is a fill-in/backup only, who knows his role and seems OK with it?

see below

:thumbsup:

see below

:thumbsup:

Touch?.

If people actually think that he is the next Brian Campbell, then I don't think their opinion should be included in Paetsch's rating. But if we're talking about what seems to be a consensus -- that he is a no.7, backup/fill-in guy -- then it's really difficult to take claims of him being overrated seriously.

Archived