The Official "Captain" Thread

BamBam

Any chance our Head Coach can pick a Captain from day one this season and go with it?

My Thoughts- Even though Pommer finished with the C I think with one year left on his contact he'd be cursed to wear it again (See: Barnes, Peca, Satan, Brier, Drury)

I say- Roy came into his own last year (Especially after changing those Shoulder Pads! :thumbsup: ). He's under contact for a good number of years and he is our #1 Center. He logs an amazing amount of minutes, plays on both PP and PK, and is looked to win key faceoffs. With that being said...Give him the C, and let Pommer, Hecht, and Spacho sport the "A".

Sorry Goose Fans. He'll have to wait. I can't justify giving him an A over the other 3.

As much as I love goose, I do agree with your picks for captain. Roy definitely needs to be the C, after how he played with it last year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rivet with an A to start the season. He seems like that kind of guy that can come into camp and immediately have his presence felt.

As much as I love goose, I do agree with your picks for captain. Roy definitely needs to be the C, after how he played with it last year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rivet with an A to start the season. He seems like that kind of guy that can come into camp and immediately have his presence felt.

I agree. I figure Rivet/Spacho are pretty interchangeable. If everything we are hearing about Rivet is true, maybe he would start the year with the A. Roy's got to be the Captain though. I just hope Lindy stops the musical chairs and goes with the right guy.

if teppo signs back he needs to be under captaincy. for real. hes the father figure on the team. the calming influence and the leader.

I'm sorry, but I like Teppo, however he can not be considered to wear the C. You want your Captain out on the ice during the critical times. If Teppo can't play every game then he shouldn't be considered. Nobody questions what he brings to the table but its time for this team to move forward with someone that we can expect to have it for a few years. Consistency to a club is important, and Roy is that guy.

I'm sorry, but I like Teppo, however he can not be considered to wear the C. You want your Captain out on the ice during the critical times. If Teppo can't play every game then he shouldn't be considered. Nobody questions what he brings to the table but its time for this team to move forward with someone that we can expect to have it for a few years. Consistency to a club is important, and Roy is that guy.

Why shouldn't Teppo be able to play every game? His record has been pretty solid over the last ten years, especially in 06-07. The only reason he didn't play last year was due to heart surgery. I think he has just as good of a chance of playing 75+ games this season as anyone else on the team does.

Why shouldn't Teppo be able to play every game? His record has been pretty solid over the last ten years, especially in 06-07. The only reason he didn't play last year was due to heart surgery. I think he has just as good of a chance of playing 75+ games this season as anyone else on the team does.

i was about to say the same thing.

Can someone find me anything, anywhere; outside of a poster's imagination, that substantiates Teppo's signing with the Sabres. I think this falls somewhere between Bouwmeister to Buffalo and Soupy's coming home.

No signing yet, but this was from the News' story on the trades:

Regier also said the Sabres remain interested in Teppo Numminen, who returned from open-heart surgery to play in Buffalo?s regular-season finale in Boston after missing the entire season.

?Teppo has the qualities to contribute,? Regier said. ?And based on what we saw in that game, we think he can.?

LINK

UGH!

I have no problem with how he played in the last game, and if this heart issue is completely fixed (as they've said) then I I would rather see him in the lineup than Lydman.

But that's just me.

I like the C going to Roy, and Pommers/Goose* + Hecht getting the A's. Bam, can you have 3 A's? I dunno that I've ever seen that before... :unsure:

*Depending on Pom's contract. If he's not signed long term, it goes to Goose. Other way around, Jason gets the letter.

I don't have a link, but I remember DR talking about Teppo recently and he basically said that he thought he had enough to play with somebody in the NHL, but that he would be an option that they would look at later in the summer.

Nobody would like to see Roy with a "C" more than I would, but I believe he will spend a year with an "A" first. If Pommer signs during the summer, they might give him the "C". Otherwise, I think it will be one of the veteran Dmen. Not sure I like imported players taking the "C" on day one, but Rivet has the qualities to put him in the front-running. I remember Darcy or Lindy saying in the final presser (I believe) that they wouldn't mind going back to the same type of system that they had with Drury and Briere in 2006-07. I could see Pommer and Roy doing that in a couple of years, but wouldn't be too upset if they did it this year.

I like the C going to Roy, and Pommers/Goose* + Hecht getting the A's. Bam, can you have 3 A's? I dunno that I've ever seen that before... :unsure:

*Depending on Pom's contract. If he's not signed long term, it goes to Goose. Other way around, Jason gets the letter.

For some reason I seem to remember reading something about allowing teams to do three A's and no C, or 1 C and two A's (no more than three letters total.)

Can someone find me anything, anywhere; outside of a poster's imagination, that substantiates Teppo's signing with the Sabres. I think this falls somewhere between Bouwmeister to Buffalo and Soupy's coming home.

Agreed.

If it was up to me...What the heck..go with three A's.

Agreed? To what?

Bmwolf21 posted a LINK with a quote from Darcy Regier stating we wanted Teppo back.....

Must have missed that. Right below the post which you "agreed" with.

I agree to everything! Everybody's right today! :thumbsup:

I think I was trying to agree with Inkman about Teppo returning.

Archived