Amerks current Roster

wjag

Here's the Sabre-less Amerks Roster... Anyone know where we find what's currently on the Sabres farm roster? The Portland site refers to Sabres stuff but the roster is empty...

Roster

# Player POS HT WT Birthplace Birthdate

5 Paul Baier D 6-4 225 lbs. North Kingstown, RI 02/02/1985

7 Drew Larman C 6-3 200 lbs. Buffalo, NY 05/15/1985

8 Martin Lojek D 6-5 230 lbs. Brno, Czech Rep 08/19/1985

10 Stefan Meyer C/LW 6-2 200 lbs. Fox Valley, Sask 07/20/1985

11 Tommy Goebel RW 5-5 166 lbs. Parma, OH 11/20/1984

12 Peter Aston D 6-1 205 lbs. Toronto, Ont 02/24/1986

15 Brady Calla RW 6-0 190 lbs. Kelowna, BC 03/14/1988

16 Luke Beaverson D 6-5 227 lbs. Vadnais Heights, MN 12/11/1984

17 Dan Collins RW 6-2 195 lbs. Syracuse, NY 02/26/1987

18 Rob Globke RW 6-2 210 lbs. Farmington, Mich 10/24/1982

20 Johann Kroll D 6-2 200 lbs. Plymouth, MN 02/23/1984

22 Kenndal McArdle LW 6-0 205 lbs. Toronto, Ont 01/04/1987

24 Anthony Stewart RW 6-1 227 lbs. LaSalle, Que 01/05/1985

25 Jordan Henry D 6-2 195 lbs. Milo, Alberta 02/11/1986

25 James DeLory D 6-5 225 lbs. Newmarket, Ont 03/03/1988

33 Tanner Glass LW 6-1 207 lbs. Craven, SASK 11/29/1983

34 David Brine C 6-1 195 lbs. Truro, Nova Scotia 01/06/1985

45 Franklin MacDonald D 5-11 195 lbs. Sydney, Nova Scotia 04/08/1985

# Goalie POS HT WT Birthplace Birthdate

30 David Shantz G 6-1 207 lbs. Burlington, Ont 05/05/1985

30 Chris Beckford-Tseu G 6-2 201 lbs. Toronto, Ont 06/22/1984

31 Tyler Plante G 6-4 208 lbs. Brookfield, Wis 04/16/1987

As it stands today, I believe these are the players under contract...

Forwards

Gerbe

Mancari

Hunter

Kennedy

Byron

Zagrapan

Gogulla & Schutz(Don't know if they will be with Portland or back in Germany if they don't make the Sabres)

Defensemen

Butler

Funk

Weber

Card

Graganani(May end up at forward)

Persson(will play this year in Sweden)

Kostka

Goaltenders

Enroth

Dennis

It looks like the Sabres will have to sign a few more forwards and maybe another defenseman for Portland.

Does Mancari actually have a contract yet? I also wasn't aware that Byron had signed anything yet. Oh, and you can probably add Kaleta to that list of forwards for at least part of the season.

Edit: They had also signed Whitmore out of Bowling Green a few months back, so that's one more forward.

Does Mancari actually have a contract yet? I also wasn't aware that Byron had signed anything yet. Oh, and you can probably add Kaleta to that list of forwards for at least part of the season.

Edit: They had also signed Whitmore out of Bowling Green a few months back, so that's one more forward.

Whitmore was the guy I was trying to think of in addition to Kostka. Maybe I'm screwed up on Mancari and Byron.

Edited: I must be mixing up Byron with someone else. After searching, I came up with nothing. Also, Mancari has completed his entry level contract and you are correct in that he is not currently under contract. This makes the AHL forward ranks thinner than I thought especially if Gogulla and Schutz end up in Germany.

Not sure where the roster would be posted, but looking at the pirates website, they have some clever people working for them. When looking at buying tickets for the game, all the seats are referred to as if it were a pirate ship.

ARGGGG

I am actually abit more excited about the Pirates this season than Sabres ironically :chris:

Edited: I must be mixing up Byron with someone else. After searching, I came up with nothing. Also, Mancari has completed his entry level contract and you are correct in that he is not currently under contract. This makes the AHL forward ranks thinner than I thought especially if Gogulla and Schutz end up in Germany.

I get the feeling that both will be in the states this year. I'm sure the team will put a little pressure on them to stay this year since they needs forwards. Last year with the half-farm team, Gogulla going back wasn't a big deal. Also, when Perrson signed, the comments about going back to Sweden came out immediately. I don't remember seeing anything like that about Schutz. So call me crazy, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say they'll be in Portland.

I am actually abit more excited about the Pirates this season than Sabres ironically :chris:

This pisses me off. Now I get to see Florida's crappy ass prospect. (although I doubt I will go to any games when they aren'y playing Portland)

Obviously there is no roster available because Golisano and Quinn are too cheap/stupid to hire someone to type up the roster and post it on the website. This would never happen under Donner's watch.

This pisses me off. Now I get to see Florida's crappy ass prospect. (although I doubt I will go to any games when they aren'y playing Portland)

Same here. I won't go. It will save me some money but i won't get to enjoy live cheap hockey when Sabres are not playing. lol

Anyone know if MSG will get a few Portland games on tv?

As usual, the Sabres are waiting out until the bargin priced AHL veterans are ready to sign.

I'll actually defend the Sabres on this one. Most AHL vets haven't signed yet. They usually test the waters in free agency to see if anyone will offer them a one way deal. Most won't get one, so about mid to late July is when the AHL free agents start to get signed.

Archived