Craig Rivet is a Sabre

outlaw16511

I watched Rivet a lot last year. He's very solid. He's a big upgrade over Kalinin. He can be counted on to play solid and he can PK. He's a stay at home player, so don't expect him to be a puck mover. He has decent speed. I like the move but our D still needs one more new addition.

Rivet is also EXCELLENT value at 3.5 million per season for the next 3 years. This guy gives us both attributes - he has a very good shot and plays the PP well, plus he gives us what we've lacked for too long: Size and toughness, and a right-handed shot.

i agree with you but i think the sabres have soured on paetsch

Which is why assuming your scenario plays out, Weber would be called up and put into the lineup over Paetsch when someone is injured.

Is it safe to say the sabres can still use Paetsch as a backup winger too??

That won't happen. They had their chances for it last year but didn't put him up front at all. Hell, they called up Gragnani to get some games up front instead of bumping Paetsch up. I'm not a big fan of turning someone into a slash anyway. All it really says to me is that he's not good enough to play either position.

Which is why assuming your scenario plays out, Weber would be called up and put into the lineup over Paetsch when someone is injured.

That won't happen. They had their chances for it last year but didn't put him up front at all. Hell, they called up Gragnani to get some games up front instead of bumping Paetsch up. I'm not a big fan of turning someone into a slash anyway. All it really says to me is that he's not good enough to play either position.

agree. If Federov couldn't do it, Paestch wont.

Sharks fans are angry about Rivet being dumped. They had to get rid of someone though after signing Blake and Boyle. Personally they'd have been better off to keep Rivet over signing Blake for one year.

Darcy did good on this move (wipes egg off face)

Rivet is also EXCELLENT value at 3.5 million per season for the next 3 years. This guy gives us both attributes - he has a very good shot and plays the PP well, plus he gives us what we've lacked for too long: Size and toughness, and a right-handed shot.

He looks big and ugly in that picture of him, and that is a good thing. This looks like a good deal

Sharks fans are angry about Rivet being dumped. They had to get rid of someone though after signing Blake and Boyle. Personally they'd have been better off to keep Rivet over signing Blake for one year.

It was Rivet or McLaren. McLaren's unrestricted after this year and didn't have as much value. I don't think San Jose had much of a choice in this one.

I like it, but it also means:

1) We're not getting Jason Smith

2) Max and Connolly are still on the roster. And I won't rest my displeasure with this offseason until one or both of them is gone!

You sure? I'll be surprised if Smith signs for more than 3M. I wouldn't count Darcy out...yet.

There shouldn't be any egg on your face.

oh okay.

Is there anything that DeLuca67 can get pleased about, or is he on a perpetual Midol prescription from the doctor?

I can't blame him for ranting against Peters everyday, but Rivet hasn't played a day in a Sabres uniform and he's already cramping up on him.

If you have spent any time on twobillsdrive, you clearly know the answer to this question.

Nope, haven't even bothered to pay my first visit there. That should be a clear enough indication for me to stay away from there.

Thanks for the warning. :thumbsup:

Is there anything that DeLuca67 can get pleased about, or is he on a perpetual Midol prescription from the doctor?

I can't blame him for ranting against Peters everyday, but Rivet hasn't played a day in a Sabres uniform and he's already cramping up on him.

There's a lot of that around here. Everybody knows better than the professionals who are paid to improve the team. :rolleyes:

We're going to love what Rivet brings. He wasn't on my radar because I never would have thought that SJS would let him go.

Is he worth two second round picks at age 33 ? Don't know much about him and career durability.

He was a third round pick in 1992.

I don't think two second round picks. Problem is every team knows of buffalo's woes or should I say "Buffal-Woes" so they are going to low-ball every offer.

There's a lot of that around here. Everybody knows better than the professionals who are paid to improve the team. :rolleyes:

We're going to love what Rivet brings. He wasn't on my radar because I never would have thought that SJS would let him go.

Mea cupla.

I couldn't believe it when Bernier got traded away. Alas, the day wasn't over yet.

BTW, does anyone have a clue if Teppo's coming back? I haven't heard a word about it yet. Or is he going back to these guys?

Ok...Campbell @ $5 million or Rivet @ $3.5 million and a 2nd round pick?

That is pretty much what the Campbell trade amounted to when all said and done.

Umm...ok. Interesting analysis.

BTW, Dwight. That's an interesting avatar. Do you work for them? I've heard that it stands for May All Your Furniture Leave Our Warehouse Extremely Ruined. jk of course. ;)

Archived