Craig Rivet is a Sabre

outlaw16511

Pretty solid move...I always liked this guy and now it puts some of the pieces together as to why they traded Bernier.

I would say this pretty much takes us out of the Bouwmeester talks.

If there ever were talks

Decent move to get a defencemen. Don't know much about him except that he isn't horrible, and I don't know if he fits the bill as the type of d-man the Sabres fans want.

But I thought that no teams traded for draft picks at this point in the offseason?

Pretty solid move...I always liked this guy and now it puts some of the pieces together as to why they traded Bernier.

I would say this pretty much takes us out of the Bouwmeester talks.

Maybe so one why Bernier was traded. I still say Regier was told the offer sheet was coming and he pissed himself. He saved a little bit of face by taking that 2nd rounder in 09 and packaging it to SJ. It makes sense SJ would have an expendable D man after getting Blake and Boyle.

Good move...Rivet is a good vet.

But I still want another defenseman. This does NOT give Regier a pass for not acquiring another D-man.

And I would like to see us get another D-man with Vancouver's 3rd round pick. This by no means is earth shattering, and it's hardly part of something bigger.

EDIT: Wow. 3.5M cap hit. Yikes...that put a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

More on Rivet...

Strengths: Is a true team player, and is only concerned with his club's success. Fills whatever role is asked of him, including dropping the gloves. Plays a solid game in his own end and occasionally displays his mean streak.

Flaws: Has occasional brain cramps in the defensive zone. Isn't skilled enough to lead the rush on offense. Struggles with a heavy workload.

from sportsnet.ca

i forgot about him lol, but face it, his addition into it makes it even better!

If you pair Spacek with Rivet that could even out Rivets weaker offensive Transition skills.

To be fair, I looked at that list and thought to myself, "hmmm, he forgot someone, but who". Its definitely a step up, and hopefully there will be more to follow.

To be fair, I looked at that list and thought to myself, "hmmm, he forgot someone, but who". Its definitely a step up, and hopefully there will be more to follow.

Okay let's redo this then.

assuming:

we sign Jason Smith

we do not sign nummers, or pratt

Lydman -- Tallinder

Rivet -- Spacek

Smith -- Sekera

Weber

Okay let's redo this then.

assuming:

we sign Jason Smith

we do not sign nummers, or pratt

Lydman -- Tallinder

Rivet -- Spacek

Smith -- Sekera

Weber

Yeah, a Smith signing would definitely mean the end of Teppo and Pratt. You'll see Paetsch as #7 again though. Weber would be up and down plenty this year when their are injuries, but he needs to play every day instead of sitting in the press box.

Yeah, a Smith signing would definitely mean the end of Teppo and Pratt. You'll see Paetsch as #7 again though. Weber would be up and down plenty this year when their are injuries, but he needs to play every day instead of sitting in the press box.

Agreed. Some more experience as a top 2 D-man on a good ( :w00t: ) team in Portland this year would be good for the young kid.

Archived