JAGR

gregkash

But if he could be had for 4mm around there and we dump some salary. I would totally take him. He doesn't have to be the man here and I don't care how much you hate him, he is one of the best playmakers in the game.

4 million? While you're at it why don't you offer that same contract to Hossa.

Jagr is on the downside of his career and has repeatedly said how much he admires the way Buffalo plays.

He's already made his money. IF he could be had for a reasonable price. I would do it.

But if he could be had for 4mm around there and we dump some salary. I would totally take him. He doesn't have to be the man here and I don't care how much you hate him, he is one of the best playmakers in the game.

I know what Jagr would sign for to play in Buffalo. The magical 5 years for $25 million. :thumbsup:

I thought I was in the minority on that one.

JAGR 25g 45a

SHANAHAN 23g 23a

You would honestly take Shanahan over Jagr?

Like I said, Jagr wants to go somewhere where he can play his game to help a team win...

If he can be had for a reasonable price, I'd totally go for it.

Now if it was between a trade for Gaborik and just signing JAgr. I'd take Gaborik.

JAGR 25g 45a

SHANAHAN 23g 23a

Like I said, Jagr wants to go somewhere where he can play his game to help a team win...

If he can be had for a reasonable price, I'd totally go for it.

Now if it was between a trade for Gaborik and just signing JAgr. I'd take Gaborik.

It's not all stats. I would take Shanahan over Jagr as well. It's work ethic and attitude.

JAGR 25g 45a

SHANAHAN 23g 23a

Oh yes. Shanahan would be like having an unlettered captain. He knows the game. He was usually on the ice for the Rangers when they were keeping a lead in the last minute. I think it was McArthur he absolutely labeled into the goal in the last minute, in another game against the Sabres he tied the puck up on the boards by himself for 17 sec. rather than ice it into the empty net side.

He'll still drop the gloves. He has more career Gordie's than Gordie.

He can also play every line. Still kills penalties, still plays power play.

Hell, I want to be Brendan Shanahan.

I don't see Shanahan wanting to play in Buffalo, but would still be an asset to any team.

Oh yes. Shanahan would be like having an unlettered captain. He knows the game. He was usually on the ice for the Rangers when they were keeping a lead in the last minute. I think it was McArthur he absolutely labeled into the goal in the last minute, in another game against the Sabres he tied the puck up on the boards by himself for 17 sec. rather than ice it into the empty net side.

He'll still drop the gloves. He has more career Gordie's than Gordie.

He can also play every line. Still kills penalties, still plays power play.

Hell, I want to be Brendan Shanahan.

I don't see Shanahan wanting to play in Buffalo, but would still be an asset to any team.

Shanny still has enough in the tank to be effective. I've wanted him on the team since his Dec. 2006 scrap with Brashear, when he took on the big heavyweight after Big Donald took liberties with Jagr...

A true lunch-bucket, heart-and-soul leader, IMO.

The Sabres would have made the rush, finished the Rush, had another rush, and changed lines all by the time Shanahan managed to skate down the ice.

And that's different from Vanek how?

The Sabres would have made the rush, finished the Rush, had another rush, and changed lines all by the time Shanahan managed to skate down the ice.

Although he's not likely to break away on a rush anymore, he's very solid 2-ways, and even if he is trailing the play, you have to respect his shot because he can score from anywhere inside the blueline and launch a shot before you can blink. I think if you added to him to the Buffalo roster they would get another 100-150 team shots off on the season if he took a regular shift.

I don't think the Rangers would have made the playoffs the last two years without Shanny.

He does one thing every game that helps you win. He's probably my favorite non-Sabre of all time - although he can't throw his weight around like he once could, there is something to be said for having a Roberts or a Shanahan on your roster. Something that says "take a shift off, I dare you."

Although he's not likely to break away on a rush anymore, he's very solid 2-ways, and even if he is trailing the play, you have to respect his shot because he can score from anywhere inside the blueline and launch a shot before you can blink. I think if you added to him to the Buffalo roster they would get another 100-150 team shots off on the season if he took a regular shift.

I don't think the Rangers would have made the playoffs the last two years without Shanny.

He does one thing every game that helps you win. He's probably my favorite non-Sabre of all time - although he can't throw his weight around like he once could, there is something to be said for having a Roberts or a Shanahan on your roster. Something that says "take a shift off, I dare you."

Which is something this team is sorely lacking.

Im not disrespecting Shanny. I actually wanted to sign him last year and I remember getting a lot of heat for that which is kinda funny.

But Jagr is the one available. I think he has a bad rap that I dont think he's deserved. He's been outspoken, people got on him for having opinions, and then he was introverted and people got on him for not speaking enough. If he came to Buffalo, he could conceivably be a third line player. This is just the type of environment for him to excel in. If you have Jagr, Vanek and Pomminstein all on different lines, who are you gonna key in on?

This is why buffalo was so good the previous two years (to this year) you could lock down 1 line, but you weren't gonna lock down all three, and then even the fourth.

Im not disrespecting Shanny. I actually wanted to sign him last year and I remember getting a lot of heat for that which is kinda funny.

But Jagr is the one available. I think he has a bad rap that I dont think he's deserved. He's been outspoken, people got on him for having opinions, and then he was introverted and people got on him for not speaking enough. If he came to Buffalo, he could conceivably be a third line player. This is just the type of environment for him to excel in. If you have Jagr, Vanek and Pomminstein all on different lines, who are you gonna key in on?

This is why buffalo was so good the previous two years (to this year) you could lock down 1 line, but you weren't gonna lock down all three, and then even the fourth.

Shanahan is a UFA too. Word is one of the two will have to go from the Rangers.

Stan Fishler says Shanahan won't play on the same team as Jagr again.

I think Shanahan goes and Jagr stays.

Jagr is over the hill. Shanahan came to a charity event locally last year and was really cool, talking about the minors, beer, picking up Drury, golfing, conditioning. He's got kids and a family; it plays a role.

Shanahan spent last summer on Cape Cod, then came back to New York to skate with his teammates before training camp opened in early September at the Rangers' practice rink in Tarrytown, about 20 miles north of the city.

In July, he again signed a one-year contract, for $5.3 million. "I don't want a comfortable three- or four-year contract," he says. "I like playing for my pay and knowing that if I want to have a job next year, I better have a good season." He intends to play as long as he feels he can.

quoted.

I thought when he signed with the Rangers last year he said that New York was gonna be his last team.

Archived