SabreSpace Hall of Fame

Mike Oxhurtz

To have a HoF you will need an impartial jury of your peers, a 'secure' way to vote and criteria to base your decision on.

There's an archive on site to retire the old posts.

As a "by-product" of normal human activities, the Hof would take care of itself, immortalized in your head forever. (like Inks calves)

In addition to a Hall of Fame there should be a Hall of Flame.

I lurk/occasionally post on a Florida State message board and they have a board specifically for legen...wait for it.....DARY (sorry, couldn't resist) threads called "Tomahawks.". The thread is locked and preserved for all eternity (or until the Rivals' server crashes) and it's sometimes a fun way to pass a slow day at work, browsing through some of the funniest threads of the site's history. I think the mods are the ones who make the final call as to whether a thread earned Tomahawk status.

All that being said, I'd be all for it if I could think of a thread that deserved it. The Briere thread would be a good start, though.

To have a HoF you will need an impartial jury of your peers, a 'secure' way to vote and criteria to base your decision on.

There's an archive on site to retire the old posts.

As a "by-product" of normal human activities, the Hof would take care of itself, immortalized in your head forever. (like Inks calves)

In addition to a Hall of Fame there should be a Hall of Flame.

I'd love to see a Troll Hall of Fame started.

I lurk/occasionally post on a Florida State message board and they have a board specifically for legen...wait for it.....DARY (sorry, couldn't resist) threads called "Tomahawks.". The thread is locked and preserved for all eternity (or until the Rivals' server crashes) and it's sometimes a fun way to pass a slow day at work, browsing through some of the funniest threads of the site's history. I think the mods are the ones who make the final call as to whether a thread earned Tomahawk status.

All that being said, I'd be all for it if I could think of a thread that deserved it. The Briere thread would be a good start, though.

I did not realize I wasn't the only How I Met Your Mother fan. Unless of course that is not a reference to Barney Stinson, in which case I'm clueless.

I did not realize I wasn't the only How I Met Your Mother fan. Unless of course that is not a reference to Barney Stinson, in which case I'm clueless.

Suit up, Swarley.

That's pretty cool, I have worked for Rivals for almost 4 years now and I never noticed the Tomahawks ...

I assure you we have much more than one server, though ... if they all crash and that thing is lost, we will all have bigger worries ...

That's pretty cool, I have worked for Rivals for almost 4 years now and I never noticed the Tomahawks ...

I assure you we have much more than one server, though ... if they all crash and that thing is lost, we will all have bigger worries ...

I don't know if every site does them or if it just the FSU board (Warchant.com.) Here is the link to the Tomahawks - some are immortalized for content, some for the humor - and some I don't know why they were preserved.

I'm on a board that has a HoF. There's really only one thread in there worth reading though. It was started on 9/11 and that is one chilling memory.

F L O R I D A

S T A T E

Florida State

Florida State

Florida State

woooooooo

I always found that bit interesting... I know horses HAVE been a part of Seminole culture... Yet, they must have been real difficult to ride in the swamps!

Maybe that is the Oklahoma Seminole...

<_< <_<

You do know the Oklahoma Seminoles came from Florida -- and that the entire state of Florida isn't swamplands, right? :D

You do know the Oklahoma Seminoles came from Florida -- and that the entire state of Florida isn't swamplands, right? :D

Of course... I was being sarcastic and even know I know that horses have been part (minor) of the Seminole culture (even before the US forced them west of the MS)... I have always found it odd... Just not that prominent in the FLA culture I thought... The US did drive the ones (Seminoles) that remained deeper into the swamps. Funny how the classic sterotypes abound... Painted pony in all... Flaming spear... I guess the actual culture isn't that exciting? Traditonal beadwork, etc... Don't sell as well as appaloossa's. They (appaloosas) were from the PACIFIC northwest of all places! :wallbash: :wallbash: And then the flaming spear! <_<

Oh well!

Of course... I was being sarcastic and even know I know that horses have been part (minor) of the Seminole culture (even before the US forced them west of the MS)... I have always found it odd... Just not that prominent in the FLA culture I thought... The US did drive the ones (Seminoles) that remained deeper into the swamps. Funny how the classic sterotypes abound... Painted pony in all... Flaming spear... I guess the actual culture isn't that exciting? Traditonal beadwork, etc... Don't sell as well as appaloossa's. They (appaloosas) were from the PACIFIC northwest of all places! :wallbash: :wallbash: And then the flaming spear! <_<

Oh well!

And Chief Osceola wasn't a true "chief," either. From what I understand his garb is pretty close to "authentic" (designed and approved by the Florida Seminole Tribe) and I think the Appaloosa was chosen because that was what the guy who started the Osceola tradition raised those on his horse farm. The whole idea, though, is to capture the spirit of and honor the only tribe not to sign a treaty with the US Government, so the little details are not as important as preserving their spirit.

I guess it's unrealistic to expect everything to be 100% authentic, down to the last detail -- that's what happens when traditions get modernized and marketed, and that practice is not exclusive to FSU's use of a symbol. But if the Seminole Tribe of Florida is OK with our traditions at FSU, then I am too...

Archived