Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

Monday's Montreal-Boston Game 7 was a bit of a letdown, but hopefully tonight's Game 7 doubleheader will be better. I think it will be, considering how the teams involved have gotten after each other thus far and how intense and close these series have been.

Tuesday's Games:

Philadelphia at Washington, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3) 7 p.m. ET, Versus (preview not yet available)

Calgary at San Jose, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3) 10 p.m. ET, Versus - Preview

NHL Scoreboard

Good sign for the Flames?

LINK

So the odds even out for Kristian Huselius: Forced to play under the iron fist of Mike Keenan in Calgary all season, and then breaking the bank at the horse track. On Saturday, Huselius won something called the V75, which sounds like a nerve gas a Bond villain might utilize in a world domination plot but is actually a wagering challenge in his native Sweden. On a $300 bet, he selected five winners out of seven races at a track in Gothenburg; a feat which earned him six million Swedish kronor, which is about $1 million Canadian, which would make him the richest man in the U.S. based on the current strength of the American dollar.

Monday's Montreal-Boston Game 7 was a bit of a letdown, but hopefully tonight's Game 7 doubleheader will be better.

A LETDOWN? Buddy, it was BRILLIANT HOCKEY, and if Washington could produce a winning "letdown" like that, then

I'll take more letdowns!!! :thumbsup:

A LETDOWN? Buddy, it was BRILLIANT HOCKEY, and if Washington could produce a winning "letdown" like that, then

I'll take more letdowns!!! :thumbsup:

It was a letdown in terms of what I expected from a Game 7 - it wasn't that close, tight-checking, intense game that was hanging in the balance on every shift - the game was never out of Montreal's control.

That being said I'd be fine with Washington blowing out the Cryers in a similar fashion... :thumbsup:

Philthy's psyche has got to be fried after blowing a 2 goal lead and then getting bitch-slapped by Ove the rest of the night. I think Washington marches on.

Like I said yesterday, I'll taker Mikka in a game 7 over Evgeni 9/10 times. Tonight is not that tenth time for Evgeni.

It's bad enough that they try to interview athletes to begin with, but then to pick someone who can barely speak English is just painful to watch.

Can't wait for the mid game conversation with the coach. :blink:

I'm rooting for the Caps. I just cannot bring myself to root for the Flyers. I have too much hatred for the Flyers regardless of who plays for them. Frankly, I hate Mike Richards too much. I'm beginning to hate Jeff Carter a lot, but I'll give him a chance since he's an RFA and may no longer play there, but I just cannot bring myself to ever root for the Flyers, ever.

Who is everyone rooting for?

Personally I'd like to see Biron & Briere move to the next round

These sum it up nicely:

I don't care if Patty L or Dominik or Dale Hawerchuk played for them- I'd still hate their stinking GUTS!

Ahhh.. I feel better :)

I'm rooting for the Caps. I just cannot bring myself to root for the Flyers. I have too much hatred for the Flyers regardless of who plays for them. Frankly, I hate Mike Richards too much. I'm beginning to hate Jeff Carter a lot, but I'll give him a chance since he's an RFA and may no longer play there, but I just cannot bring myself to ever root for the Flyers, ever.

Archived