Will Teppo Re-sign With Sabres?

bob_sauve28

Wait, that can't be right. I must have said something wrong. Let me check ...

... nope, I said what I meant to. Is this bizzaro-SabreSpace? ;)

I sign him with same intention they did with James PAtrick....Play him as needed if he is there great if not we werent counting on it..Pay him accordingly..But I wouldnt count on him being in your top2 pairs..He might end up there if a he stays healthy though..lol

Point is that he has never missed significant time due to "injury" in his career. He doesn't "get hurt" much at all. He has a heart condition that he had minor surgery for before the 2006-07 season and then more significant surgery this year to correct his valve. The team should get the opinion of several doctors, but I'm guessing that the latest surgery has greatly decreased the chances of him missing time due to heart-related problems next season. If that is so, then since he is not "injury prone", he would reliable.

And to top it off, he came on the ice like he hasn't missed a single game. He blocked shots, played against the boards, and had some nice takeaways. To top it off, he almost had an assist. He was calm, secure, and made the Bruins play _his_ game when he was out there. Teppo makes his team mates better players. That's invaluable.

I sign him with same intention they did with James PAtrick....Play him as needed if he is there great if not we werent counting on it..Pay him accordingly..But I wouldnt count on him being in your top2 pairs..He might end up there if a he stays healthy though..lol

I agree. I've said before, he is not a savior for this team. But, he's a good player who is positionally sound, excellent passer, and is good at clearing the puck out of the defensive zone. He's a great mentor for everyone on the blue line, including some of the older guys. He doesn't even have to be a top 4 pair. And, he provides some depth, which you can never have enough of especially at defense. Just my opinion.

That is not true. Pisani for Edmonton? He was not suspended. There are other cases but this is one most similiar because it was non-hockey related illness. Buffalo tried to paint it the other way, but they were called out. You think it was coincidence they sent out press release around five o'clock Friday? That is time teams use when trying to slip something by, just like Redskins treied this week with Jerome Mathis.

I thought Pisani's situation was different because he missed too few games to qualify for the suspension?

I dunno'. An frankly, I don't care. But I will say that Teppo will likely lose his grievance because he was born with a heart murmur. How he'll be able to prove it's hockey-related is beyond me.

But if the HNiC guys were incorrect way back when by saying to expect the suspension because of the CBA, I doubt he'd want to come back. If they were wrong, hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

I thought Pisani's situation was different because he missed too few games to qualify for the suspension?

I dunno'. An frankly, I don't care. But I will say that Teppo will likely lose his grievance because he was born with a heart murmur. How he'll be able to prove it's hockey-related is beyond me.

But if the HNiC guys were incorrect way back when by saying to expect the suspension because of the CBA, I doubt he'd want to come back. If they were wrong, hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

The suspension was handed out before training camp so I don't know when you saw it discussed on HNIC, but when Buffalo suspended Teppo, they thought he would be back by December. Pisani was actually expected to miss the season if not more, Edmonton did the "right thing."

If you base your decision on last night, Thibault should be their back up again?

That's a very different question. A back up goalie and a starting defenseman have very different responsibilities. Tbo has to sit around a lot and then be ready. Teppo will play, and probably play a lot. He looks ready. He can still skate better than most players and moves the puck well.

Heart surgery - depends on what the doctors say. Obviously, it raises some questions, but if the more significant surgery this year correct much of the problem and ...........

I didn't say that they have to sign him, but for a reasonable price, I still believe he has a lot to contribute to this team if they do. I'd also still like them to sign someone else to play on the top pair with Spacek and, if possible, trade off Lydman.

I agree with this.... I think at the right price he makes an excellent player coach for our younger defensemen while providing a steadying influence to the back end for what ever pairing we use him in...

The suspension was handed out before training camp so I don't know when you saw it discussed on HNIC, but when Buffalo suspended Teppo, they thought he would be back by December. Pisani was actually expected to miss the season if not more, Edmonton did the "right thing."

I think they were talking about it in the context of the Sabres' terrible start. You know, first McKee, then Dumont, Grier, Drury, Briere, blah, blah, blah...

Like I said, they may have been wrong - or maybe I "mis-remembered." Either way, I'd like to see him back, but it sounds unlikely, given what I've learned from you.

I think they were talking about it in the context of the Sabres' terrible start. You know, first McKee, then Dumont, Grier, Drury, Briere, blah, blah, blah...

Like I said, they may have been wrong - or maybe I "mis-remembered." Either way, I'd like to see him back, but it sounds unlikely, given what I've learned from you.

I am sure they discussed it and what you may heard was in mid season when he wanted to come back. The Sabres kept giving that old its part of the CBA crap without answerring why others didn't do the same.

As far as him coming back, he really wants to play and I am not sure he is going to have a lot of options, so who knows?

Archived