Th..Th...Th..That's All Folks

bob_sauve28

Last year at this very time I clearly remember starting a thread entitled: "Congradulations Buffalo Sabres, President's Trophy Cup Winners"

:unsure:

I think I remember that thread...I also remember seeing a bunch of "we'll get 'em next year" posts about six week later... :ph34r:

The big question: Will I die before Sabres win the cup? :D

It's very possible that we'll all be sitting around a bar in Heaven, enjoying the Sabres' first Cup (preceded by the Bills' first SB win and followed by the Cubs' first World Series win since 1908...)

It's very possible that we'll all be sitting around a bar in Heaven, enjoying the Sabres' first Cup (preceded by the Bills' first SB win and followed by the Cubs' first World Series win since 1908...)

Hey you never know. The Sox have won two in the last three years...

Okay this is gonna bum everyone out even more:

This week I went to a funeral for a friend. This person was the absolute biggest, loudest, and proudest Cleveland Browns fan on the face of the earth.

She died without seeing her beloved Browns win the Super Bowl. Something she had waited for all her life.

During her funeral that was all I could think about.

This week I went to a funeral for a friend. This person was the absolute biggest, loudest, and proudest Cleveland Browns fan on the face of the earth.

She died without seeing her beloved Browns win the Super Bowl. Something she had waited for all her life.

Sorry to hear that, Ohio. My sympathies....

Don't worry. She's got the best seats in the house now.

The older you get the more you understand that sports is just a distraction. Sometimes when you think you are chasing what is important, once you get it, you wonder why you worried so much about it in the first place.

Not with Vanek leading this team. I've found my drum and I'm not going to stop banging it.

Man, it's going to be a long summer then.

Just to clarify, though, Vanek is not "leading" this team in anything but goals scored and I suspect that is a trend that will continue. Pominville, Roy and a few others will be leading this team for many years to come. If Vanek pulls his head out of his ass more often (it was out many times, but in just as often), then he will lead this team in production for many years. That's what they are paying him for, not to be a locker room leader.

The older you get the more you understand that sports is just a distraction. Sometimes when you think you are chasing what is important, once you get it, you wonder why you worried so much about it in the first place.

Well said double-D.

It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase.

It's very possible that we'll all be sitting around a bar in Heaven, enjoying the Sabres' first Cup

I don't believe in heaven, but if I did then what you've described would surely be part of it...living in that moment for eternity... :)

Archived