• New York
    • South
    • Midwest
    • Shittsburgh (for you know who)
    • Western New York
    • Canada (oot)
    • other (please specify)

Guest Sloth
That's some funny sheet. I forgot about the jimmies. I remember the first time my wife asked for those, I was like wtf did you say? She also always calls her mom mum when emailing her. No wonder we're getting divorced.

In the south, kids call their grandparents me ma and pa pa. Some of the grandparents don't even go by me ma or pa pa. They actually create their own name. My father in-law goes by poppy. All I can think about is opium whenever I hear it. My mother in-law's grandparent name is so stupid I'm not even going to mention it.

yeah, in $hittsburgh they do say "sweep" as opposed to vacuum..... i am like wtf you talking about yer gonna sweep the living room...its a carpet...are you gonna use a broom over it??? WTF!

also, the guy nailed it earlier...they moit the words "needs to be" all the time.... "the car needs washed"...... "the room needs cleaned"...etc...... so F-ing annoying!

and oh yeah, the DON/DAWN thing is a joke too... they say both exactly the same, "DAWN".....

and one other thing ive noticed is the dont say COLOR...as in red, yellow, blue, etc...they say "Keller" as in Helen Keller..... who the F thinks this crap is OK???? it is insanity!

Thank god my wife lost just about all of her $hittsburgh accent before I met her in college bc there would be no way I could stand that! Her friends made fun of it so much that she tried real hard and realized how stupid it sounded and lost it.

Cool quiz.

"Northern

You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for."

Don't get out west much do ya? That's where I've heard it used some. It definitely doesn't get used east of here.

Notice how you can't go to Florida and not meet someone who moved there from NY. When I was in Florida at the Tampa/Sabres game back in February, the guy behind us moved there from Buffalo. Then in Sarasota I met a dude from Macedon and one from Oswego. Half of this freakin country's population is made up of ex-New Yorkers.

Half of Charlotteans are from Western New York. I get comments about the Bills/Sabres stuff almost daily.

Yeah, they ask if I can remove the 3 pieces of bread from my mouth before I speak. He can't even pronounce his own name in English.

:lol: How long has he been in America? 8,9 years?

Hasek has been here going on 20 years and doesn't speak the language any better than when he first got here!

In the offseason of the 01' season, after Hasek said he wanted to play for a good quality team, Shredd & Ragan (from 103.3 The Edge) ripped on Hasek really good. (Everyone thought at the time, that Hasek wanted to go to St. Louis). They had a contest set up like "Who wants to be a millionaire", and for the final question they had Domink Hasek as a lifeline buddy. They called up Hasek (impersonator of course), and the first words out of Hasek was "I love Stuh Louis". It was hysterical, the impersonator was stuttering perfectly like Hasek, and was saying everything about Stuh Louis "King of Beers", and asked what the score of the cardinals game was. I wish I had a copy of that, I was laughing my a-- off.

Archived