Line Nicknames

Taro T

I saw in another thread where the Drury Kotalik Zubrus line was being referred to as the DAZ line. Not sure what to call the Briere Hecht Pominville line (the DJ's?).

But I think the Stafford Roy Vanek line should be the Voodoo Chiles (as in they work voodoo in the other team's end) in honor of the original SRV (Stevie Ray Vaughn).

Thoughts? Any others?

Apologies if this is a repeat of an earlier thread. (Haven't been checking the board as much as I used to.)

I saw in another thread where the Drury Kotalik Zubrus line was being referred to as the DAZ line. Not sure what to call the Briere Hecht Pominville line (the DJ's?).

But I think the Stafford Roy Vanek line should be the Voodoo Chiles (as in they work voodoo in the other team's end) in honor of the original SRV (Stevie Ray Vaughn).

Thoughts? Any others?

Apologies if this is a repeat of an earlier thread. (Haven't been checking the board as much as I used to.)

I still think we should name every line after a wing.

After all Wings are what Buffalo is all about.

SRV - I like it, when they score they could play "That's a cold shot"

Almost every line nickname is lame, but thankfully only for a few weeks at most, and then the line is disbanded. Ruff has kept lines together this year more than other years, so it's possible to have a nickname I guess. They just don't make 'em like The French Connection anymore.

DAZ? I don't get it.

Almost every line nickname is lame, but thankfully only for a few weeks at most, and then the line is disbanded. Ruff has kept lines together this year more than other years, so it's possible to have a nickname I guess. They just don't make 'em like The French Connection anymore.

DAZ? I don't get it.

Drury, Ales, Zubrus I guess.

If it's going to be lame, why not go all out and call it the Dazmanian Devil line?

I get the initials. I don't get what DAZ is. Why isn't the Briere line HBP then?

Assuming the line needs a nickname someone needs to figure out a way to get an M to replace the A. We would then put the DMZ on the ice - where noone dares to tread.

too bad Vanek isn't on a line with Pominville and hecht to become the mighty HPV line as in the Genital Warts line....

I thought the same thing earlier but t was in a different combo. i guess i was just to drunk to put it together...slow night watching the western teams. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Archived