Not the biggest fan of Kotalik, but...

Kristian

... for those of you say I've been getting on his case too much :

Nice goal Al :thumbsup:

And boy does Brodeur stink on long shots he can see :D

I too officially and humbly eat my Kotalik hat. I have made a habit of questioning whether others might just fit better. Seeing Zubrus pass to someone who could put it on net was very refreshing..

Live, it looked like he had the whole net and hammered it in. On the replay you can see Brodeur *almost* getting across and the puck prefectly placed just inside the near post. That goal was breathtaking.

The fact that both he and Paille scored is really encouraging; both of them could have floated through the game and no one would have faulted them; we would have said it takes a game or two to get your legs back. Instead they led the charge. The tone they set has me feeling pretty good as others come off injuries. The message has been sent: This team is playing great hockey, and if you think you're ready to play, you better play at full speed.

Live, it looked like he had the whole net and hammered it in. On the replay you can see Brodeur *almost* getting across and the puck prefectly placed just inside the near post. That goal was breathtaking.

The fact that both he and Paille scored is really encouraging; both of them could have floated through the game and no one would have faulted them; we would have said it takes a game or two to get your legs back. Instead they led the charge. The tone they set has me feeling pretty good as others come off injuries. The message has been sent: This team is playing great hockey, and if you think you're ready to play, you better play at full speed.

I'd like to see them play 2-3 three games in a row with that intensity before I officially jump on the "look out, here come The Buffalo Sabres" wagon, but yes last night was very refreshing after that stinker they played against The Loafs.

I too officially and humbly eat my Kotalik hat. I have made a habit of questioning whether others might just fit better. Seeing Zubrus pass to someone who could put it on net was very refreshing..

For last night, I will agree with you and the others in this thread, and eat some Kotalik humble pie. If he can maintain that style/type of play throughout the rest of the season, he will be a HUGE part in our Cup run.

I'd like to see them play 2-3 three games in a row with that intensity before I officially jump on the "look out, here come The Buffalo Sabres" wagon, but yes last night was very refreshing after that stinker they played against The Loafs.

Ditto. They played a much, much better game last night, but there are still areas to work on and problems to correct, and it wasn't too long ago that they were stinking up the ice vs. Toronto. If they get through the next few games with the same type of intensity and focus, then I'll be yelling Lookout East - the Sabres are back!

That goal was out of the Rico canon (or should I say cannon). Just a blur, and accurately placed. Brodeur had no chance. Al's got some limitations in his offensive game, but he's as good as anyone in the NHL at the one-timer in his wheelhouse. He also was hitting like a fiend last night (as was Zubrus)

Still too early to say, but maybe having Zubrus as a linemate will give Kotalik that little something we all seem to think he's been missing.... a synergy or something. It's conceivable that we will have 3 dangerous scoring lines come playoff time.-

Still too early to say, but maybe having Zubrus as a linemate will give Kotalik that little something we all seem to think he's been missing.... a synergy or something. It's conceivable that we will have 3 dangerous scoring lines come playoff time.-

If timmy and max come back, we will have FOUR.

I think we should call up Mike Ryan again. His speed was great... Oh ya, and all of those goals he scored. [ sarcasm ]

Kotalik back one game and buries his chance!

I really like Ryan, and have for a long time. But where or how do you play him under the circumstance, especially if Max returns shortly?

Archived