Some negatives to drag us down

Corp000085

after the pens game, i made a thread regarding the positives gained from the loss... here we can discuss negatives from the victory tonight

1) lydman was hurt. The dude's our defensive MVP lately. no word as to how long he's down.

2) this team is so soft right now.

3) briere was invisible at times. that slashing penalty at the end was silly

4) vanek continues to slump. he needs max back pronto

5) conklin let in 3 goals, in what would have been a shutout if Mika Noronen were in net tonight

6) 45 shots to about 20? are you kidding me? high powered my a$$

Sorry Corp, you know the rules:

127.5a) No discussing positives after a loss. No "moral victories."

127.5b) No discussing negatives after a win. No "moral losses."

127.5c) It's what losers do.

I'm afraid you're going to have to lock this baby up.

5) conklin let in 3 goals, in what would have been a shutout if Mika Noronen were in net tonight

According to Lorentz, Conklin had no chance on all 3 goals allowed. I can live with the 3 GA, he saw a shitload of rubber. The Eagle let 5 in on 20 shots. Now that's crappy.

6) 45 shots to about 20? are you kidding me? high powered my a$$

The offense is high powered but the D is lacking and now Lymann is Injured!!! Please Toni.. Get Well SOooooon!!!

In Pittsburgh.. Sabres were 4 goals on 19 shots = a 21% of shots find the back of the net

In Florida ... Sabres went 4 goals on 20 shots = a 20% of shots find the beck of the net

To me... that IS still very HIGH POWERED and POTENT

I feel the problem right now is that the D-men's breakout passes are becoming less numerous and it shows because we are chasing alot in our defensive zone lately. For our forwards to create so much with so little support is amazing if ya think about it.

I feel the problem right now is that the D-men's breakout passes are becoming less numerous and it shows because we are chasing alot in our defensive zone lately. For our forwards to create so much with so little support is amazing if ya think about it.

why do you think conklin was wailing the puck down the ice so often. he knows the team cant do it by themselves, so he helped. and conks was puttin some power on em too! it definitely made the game more enjoyable with a little less time spent in our own end thanks to some good decisions by conklin.

little less time spent in our own end

Little being the key word.

I didn't see the 1st period, but in the second, I'll give the edge to the Sabres. The 3rd was mostly played in Buffalo's end, it seemed as if the only time Buff was in the Florida zone they scored, and that's okay when you win.

In Pittsburgh.. Sabres were 4 goals on 19 shots = a 21% of shots find the back of the net

In Florida ... Sabres went 4 goals on 20 shots = a 20% of shots find the beck of the net

To me... that IS still very HIGH POWERED and POTENT

Last 5 games Sabres 129 shots, Opponents 169, Goals for 14, Goals against 18. I would really like to see the forwards backchecking more often especially the center position (Drury, Zoobie, Mair) Let Briere do his thing, thats a great line.

it's almost like some of the guys are playing not to get hurt. if this season ultimately ends in disaster (as i predict it will) darcy and lindy really need to think about stocking this roster with more durable players. you can call what happened last year "bad luck," but when we go into the playoffs this year missing 4-6 starters, it officiallly becomes a trend.

It looked almost as bad as in Pittsburgh...the Sabres looked like they were dragging their feet and not skating (Hecht even said before the game that they needed to keep moving and skating). They looked like they were waiting for Florida to do something wrong.

I don't know if these guys are tired, but it's clear that they're not the same team. Maybe Lindy needs to start rotating a few guys to the scratched list just to get them some rest. The playoffs are inevitable and I'd like to see them wrap up #1 in the East, but maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to sit Briere or Pominville or Vanek just for a game. They need to be fresh for the playoffs.

2) this team is so soft right now.

After ranting and berating this team all year about it, I have accepted it and hope I see something different come playoff time. Last year, many "soft" guys stepped up their physical play during the postseason and I believe they will this year as well. :)

After ranting and berating this team all year about it, I have accepted it and hope I see something different come playoff time. Last year, many "soft" guys stepped up their physical play during the postseason and I believe they will this year as well. :)

I secong that motion Ink, and hope springs eternal that since the playoffs are an entirely different animal, perhaps some of our softness will morph when some players step up and play entirely out of character.

Archived