OK Briere. It has to stop. You're a F'n Captain.

deluca67

Enough with the whining already. Every time he gets touched he cries for a call. It's has become embarrassing.

This type of show should be beneath a Captain.

If he would work as hard to get the puck as he does flopping and trying to get calls he'd have 150 points this season.

It's just another reason why Drury is the man to keep.

And it goes for Derrick Roy also. A guy skates buy him and he falls like he got hit by The Hulk.

It has to stop.

For some reason... I want to give them the benefit of the doubt... I bet it isn't that easy?...

Did you ever wonder if it is the way the small guys "balance" on their skates or the "style" they have developed and play?... Ya, ya... I know it is a stretch... :D ...There isn't like that many pounds difference with the rest of the league and the bigger guys... But just sayin'... I can skate with my son (under a 100 pounds) and believe me I am not that strong of a skater (he's actually way quicker and better)... And I can simply lay a pinky on him and he will blow away... Now I know I have a big difference on him... But, I just know with my 230-240 pound frame, weak skater and all... I would fair better and stay standing with a one on one confrontation with say a 160 pound extremley STRONG skater! The thing is, I would have to catch them... But, given a few more basic skills... I could probably make Danny and Derek fall...

Get my point?... You probably don't... Not sure if I do?... :D :D

In the land of the Lilaputions... The goon can be king even with a huge drop off in ability... There is only so much room on the rink...

The thing is... Make it fair for all and just enforce the rules consistently!

I think there is more to it than them just falling down... Just sayin' of course DeLuca... :D

Flame away...

<_<

For some reason... I want to give them the benefit of the doubt... I bet it isn't that easy?...

Did you ever wonder if it is the way the small guys "balance" on their skates or the "style" they have developed and play?... Ya, ya... I know it is a stretch... :D ...There isn't like that many pounds difference with the rest of the league and the bigger guys... But just sayin'... I can skate with my son (under a 100 pounds) and believe me I am not that strong of a skater (he's actually way quicker and better)... And I can simply lay a pinky on him and he will blow away... Now I know I have a big difference on him... But, I just know with my 230-240 pound frame, weak skater and all... I would fair better and stay standing with a one on one confrontation with say a 160 pound extremley STRONG skater! The thing is, I would have to catch them... But, given a few more basic skills... I could probably make Danny and Derek fall...

In the land of the Lilaputions... The goon can be king even with a huge drop off in ability... There is only so much room on the rink...

I think there is more to it than them just falling down... Just sayin' of course DeLuca... :D

Flame away...

<_<

Seriously dude, Roy takes a big ass swan dive at least once every other game, perfect score. And I'm not talking about him dropping to the ice easily, I'm talking dives that would earn him a perfect 10.00 at the next olympics. He literally jumps off his skates.

It needs to stop, period.

I think Deluca's main point was:

Enough with the whining already. Every time he gets touched he cries for a call. It's has become embarrassing.

Danny spends way too much time whining to the officials WHILE play is still going on.

I think Deluca's main point was:

Danny spends way too much time whining to the officials WHILE play is still going on.

And so does my 8 year old son (whining that is) when I make a tag on him with my slow lumbering skating... He even falls down too!

:nana: :nana: :nana:

Maybe it is something Danny and Derek never grew out of?

:nana: :nana: :nana:

Danny was far and away the best Sabre on the ice last night and you could see his frustration

And if he could have found the back of the net once or twice from his 10 shots, it might have been a different game...

Flame away...

<_<

Then why doesn't every smaller player in the league drop like Briere and Roy?

Here is a great idea. How about fighting through a check to make a play. Instead of dropping to the ice intentionally and taking yourself out of the play. I don't think it's too much to ask.

I am with DeLuca on this, to an extent. I have always noticed Roy perfecting his Louganis impersonation, but over this last year I have noticed Briere hitting the ice more often and following it up with some extended chirping at the refs. As captain, he has to set a standard of behavior for the rest of the guys - if he does it, how can they expect someone like Roy or Vanek to not piss and moan every time they feel they are hooked, tripped or slashed?

Shut up, stay on your feet, and play the game...

Archived