GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm

This will be an interesting game. Does conklin get the start? How will the leafs play after the kaberle incident last night? What will tucker do, since this will be his first game back? How does toronto react after tuesday night's 6-1 drubbing by the sabres? How do the sabres react since this will be the last game before drury returns? You can expect another rookie, like macarthur to step up knowing that ryan just made a push last night with his 2 goals.

This will be a big game for the maple leafs. They laid down on tuesday, don't expect it again.

The Devil announcers quoted Darcy Tucker as saying he is returning to the line up tonight. You would think that would give the Leafs a boost.

The Leafs guy on XM with Espo yesterday said Tucker is probably a few weeks away yet. It shouldn't matter. Hopefully the Sabres skate them out of the building, even coming off a high paced game last night.

The Leafs guy on XM with Espo yesterday said Tucker is probably a few weeks away yet. It shouldn't matter. Hopefully the Sabres skate them out of the building, even coming off a high paced game last night.

You can never tell with a desperate team.

This is the game in hand on the Devils. It would be nice to open that gap up to 6 pts and bury the Sens with a 13 pt lead.

This is an important game to win if we want to maintain control of #1 in the league, conference, and slightly less so, in the division.

I think Toronto comes out strong with Tucker back and seeking to rally the team after Kaberle last night. It will be important for the Sabres to score quickly in the first.

Zubrus gets his first tonight.

I have a slightly different spin on this.

This is the second of four or the first of three depending on how you want to view it. Beat Toronto tonight and their playoff hopes begin to diminish. By the time they play again later this month, it might be run for the bus time. If Toronto wins, then both those games become more important.

Toronto is riding some emotion from last night and will want some measure of revenge for the pasting they took on home ice Tuesday last.

I'm betting with both teams on tired legs, this one will be much closer. Buffalo will still be faster and that along with Kaberle's abscence on the PP will make a difference.

Toronto with all their injuries really didn't go out and get much besides YP. I think they are mentally done and ready for the off season.

If Tucker plays I expet to see him and Kaleta meet a few times during this game. Tucker will want to welcome Kaleta to the league and Kaleta will be more than happy to thank him with a few hard hits or maybe even a dropping of the gloves. Two words for Tucker: watch yourself.

I expect the Leafs to play well tonight. After the reception they got from their own fans on Tuesday, it's Hockey Night, etc, they'll play the Sabres hard. The big decider will be Aubin and if he is rusty or plays well. The Sabres have been going on so much adrenalin lately, there's got to be a letdown at some point. If I was a betting man, tonight would be it...however, with this team, they'll prove me wrong and drub the Leafs.

Regardless of this game, I wouldn't bet against them on Weds...

I don't know if there's any reason to be biting your nails. It's not the playoffs, and this is the first time in years we'll get to see someone in net other then Miller, Biron or Norranen. It should be fun, and hey, maybe with the type of team he has in front of him (remember, the Oilers were a low seed last year, and the Blue Jackets are one of the worst franchises in hockey), he can build some confidence for the stretch in case the unthinkable happens! :)

I'm listening to the game feed on XM via the Loafs radio. They just played a beer commercial mocking people from Buffalo. Yeah, okay, Toronto beer commercial. Go F :censored: k yourself.

Why do I get the feeling that no one wants to win this game? :blink:

These Toronto radio announcers are so comatose, a skinny dip in the Hudson Bay couldn't wake them up.

Maybe because the game is comatose. This looks like two tired teams. 6 versus 5 shots on goal..

There hasn't been a clean set of passes in this game.

I'm listening on the NHL site. Get Buffalo commercials. :thumbsup:

That would be nice. However, my WiFi works better when I'm home than when I'm on the road. I'll just put up with the Toronto XM feed. After all, I'm just looking forward to the Loafs repeat visit to the golf course.

http://images.stadiumwall.com/tsr/uploads/av-384.jpg

Conklin looks a lot like Miller... :lol:

Except for his team photo. He's still dressed in a CBJ uniform.

Maybe because the game is comatose. This looks like two tired teams. 6 versus 5 shots on goal..

There hasn't been a clean set of passes in this game.

How true, considering that both of them played last night.

Archived