GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

These kids can score

Vanek on an empty netter

Buffalo: 8*( :ph34r: ) Montreal: 5*( :death: )

Huge statement game IMO. Lookout EC. These guys are good.

Toronto took NJ in Shootout and Ottawa lost. Lead is now back to a more comfortable 11.

Toronto must play without another star with Kaberle gone..

Peters is now out. Upper body injury. The guy really has no discernible hockey skills, but at this point he's needed.

This is really not true. Five games ago or so I remember watching Peters use his body in the corner to defend the puck and he then made a great pass for a scoring opportunity, which he wouldn't have had if he lost the puck in the corner. I think he also helped to coach the youngins' a lot when they were called up - especially Kaleta. He also dug down and showed heart during the Ottawa Brawl. I used to bust on Peters - esp in weeks 1-3 of the season when it seemed like all we needed was wheels and aim to win the cup - but since then it's become clear that we need toughness too; and Peters is a big part of that on this team this season. In the future it will be just Kaleta but remember who walked K through his first few games.

Unfortunately, I think it was Kaleta that hurt Peters by flying in to double up on Peters' check.

Just got home. looks like I missed a lot of action.

I guess I have to listen to the recap on the radio between periods.

Forgot to mention Wacka... If you had Sirius, you could have been listening to the game... Or at least picking up the score on the unit...

This is ref to your OTW post on TBD... :D

:nana: :nana: :nana:

Who did they interview?

Kalinin. It was brutal.

Lindy just insinuated that Mancari will be called up for tomorrow..

Good he's the last one without a goal I think..

Good. Let the young guys keep getting some time while the regulars are out - that way if we need them in the playoffs, they won't be overwhelmed, and can step in and contribute right away.

Forgot to mention Wacka... If you had Sirius, you could have been listening to the game... Or at least picking up the score on the unit...

This is ref to your OTW post on TBD... :D

:nana: :nana: :nana:

No I couldn't. I was at the local church having a fish fry. They have it every Friday during Lent. Finally found a place out here in CA that has a real fish fry. It's only a mile away and I was working from home today, so I really didn't miss much while driving. :nana: back to you. :)

In these high scoring games, I've always wondered what the goalies think at the end. You know it's got to kill a guy like Miller, but he came up with some big saves to keep the Habs from tying.

BTW, I live out of town, where do all these Canadian fans (Toronto, Montreal, even Calgary) come from if all the games are sold out? I guess the Canadians come here because Toronto would be impossible to get tickets to when other Canadian teams come in.

No I couldn't. I was at the local church having a fish fry. They have it every Friday during Lent. Finally found a place out here in CA that has a real fish fry. It's only a mile away and I was working from home today, so I really didn't miss much while driving. :nana: back to you. :)

Could have muted it and snuck peeks at the score... That being if you had some of the small PnP units... I think XM has better advancement on the tech...

Sometimes I will just mute the thing and peek at the score...

:chris:

Man, what a game tonight! 8 goals from the Sabricans. And Mike Ryan finally stepped up and had himself a big game tonight. I don't know if the youngsters are this good or what? When the regulars come back, are we to expect 10-15 goals? I just don't get it? The Sabres have been a high scoring team all year, but this is getting absurd. It's not even the same team from day 1 of the season. They're playing with 4 Rochester guys tonight, and it looks like Mancari is back tomorrow night because Peters got hurt. They gave up a ton of goals tonight, but they still scored 8. My biggest concern tonight would be the penalty killing. Montreal scored 4 power play goals. I realize they are the best power play team in the league, but I feel we should be better on the PK. I think that comes with Zubby being new to the team/system and not having Drury tonight. I don't think we can expect to win too many games giving up 4 power play goals. But overall, I'm just in awe and thoroughly impressed. Without all the regulars, these guys are putting up goals at a tremendous rate and keep beating teams that are legitimately fighting for playoff spots. They are really beating playoff teams with this lineup, and scoring tons of goals doing so. I'm just amazed!! Who needs Drury and Briere next year? Joking, of course!

Man, what a game tonight! 8 goals from the Sabricans. And Mike Ryan finally stepped up and had himself a big game tonight. I don't know if the youngsters are this good or what? When the regulars come back, are we to expect 10-15 goals? I just don't get it? The Sabres have been a high scoring team all year, but this is getting absurd. It's not even the same team from day 1 of the season. They're playing with 4 Rochester guys tonight, and it looks like Mancari is back tomorrow night because Peters got hurt. They gave up a ton of goals tonight, but they still scored 8. My biggest concern tonight would be the penalty killing. Montreal scored 4 power play goals. I realize they are the best power play team in the league, but I feel we should be better on the PK. I think that comes with Zubby being new to the team/system and not having Drury tonight. I don't think we can expect to win too many games giving up 4 power play goals. But overall, I'm just in awe and thoroughly impressed. Without all the regulars, these guys are putting up goals at a tremendous rate and keep beating teams that are legitimately fighting for playoff spots. They are really beating playoff teams with this lineup, and scoring tons of goals doing so. I'm just amazed!! Who needs Drury and Briere next year? Joking, of course!

3 PPG's... And the first came when we were 2 down and scrambling... Only to score when the first guy (Kaleta, I think) came out of the box on the Habs second goal...

Not your ordinary "siteeeation"...

:nana: :nana:

3 PPG's... And the first came when we were 2 down and scrambling... Only to score when the first guy (Kaleta, I think) came out of the box on the Habs second goal...

Not an ordinary siteeeation...

:nana: :nana:

Haha, I totally misread the box score. I thought Derek Roy's power play goal was a Montreal goal, and added that extra one for Montreal. My bad. But, still Montreal going 3 for 6 on the PP is not good. Can't be letting the other team go 50% on the PP.

Just finished watching the recording of that game...wow. I don't really know how it's possible to give up 5 goals and still look solid in net, but Miller managed it. The only goal I really didn't like was the 2 on 1...he got caught committing, but considering that he fanned on the original shot it wasn't too bad.

Just finished watching the recording of that game...wow. I don't really know how it's possible to give up 5 goals and still look solid in net, but Miller managed it. The only goal I really didn't like was the 2 on 1...he got caught committing, but considering that he fanned on the original shot it wasn't too bad.

Lindy said as much last night too. Something like, if you are ever gonna have a good five goal allowed game then this was it. Bad bounces, lucky bounces, 5 on 3, a desparate team...

Yeah I agree, the guys that didn't watch the game came up with the Miller is over-rated thread......... :beer:

Archived