GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

8pm

The good:

Zubras gets his first game... Drury's injury is officially "not serious" anymore... Macarthur, stafford, kaleta, and ryan have another 3 days of practice behind them... briere is expected back...

the bad:

Briere had the flu. that spreads like wildfire and can really cut a team down. If briere plays well tonight, we'll know its a fast bug, so if it goes around, at least it will be quick.

I can't pick against the sabres. i just can't. They were unstoppable against the leafs without their scoring leader. he's back tonight. the habs are slightly better, but come on now... Zubras will score tonight and we'll all be excited. GO SABRES!

Montreal has been on a slide lately. After beating Toronto in a huge game at home, they proceed to get shut out the next night in New York. I think the loss of Huet was big. Dumping Samsonov and Rivet couldn't have helped either. They are 4-6 in their last ten and on their longest stint of away games this season. I think this bodes well for Buffalo. Add to that they have a forward back tonight in the form of Zubrus. Montreal has the number 1 PP and the 15th best PK. Buffalo needs to stay out of the box and play them 5 on 5.

I really hope Zubrus gets an early goal. Any news what line he'll be on?

Montreal looked really shaky the other night against the Rangers. They're still a team fighting to stay alive in the postseason though, and they're a Canadian team at home so I wouldn't count them out (unless they get lazy like Toronto and quit halfway through the 2nd).

Its rainy and cold, and the Sabres have been doing road/home trips for awhiile now. I really hope we don't get further losses to the flu. Looks like Hank is out with the flu now.

This game is absolutely Fuccillo for the Habs.

They are running out of time and possible points.

I agree.. Time to stick a dagger in their heart and then Toronto on Saturday. Although, I think Toronto is already done. Losing to Montreal and Buffalo in back-to-back games was a killer...

:wallbash: Tallinder probably out for tonights game with flu...according to article in Buffalo News

Where do you see that? All I've seen to indicate one way or the other in writing is this:

"Ruff was hopeful Tallinder would be healthy enough to play tonight," from the Buffalo News.

Couple that with the fact that nobody has been called up and it seems like Tallinder playing tonight is more likely than not. We'll see.

we'd know by now, since someone would have been called up, regarding hank. That article was based on yesterday's information. As briere said, he was down for a day and back up. hopefully tallinder was just down yesterday, and today he's fine. It's 3pm... we'd definitely know, based on the AHL wire, in regards to sekara, funk, or card being recalled... oh yeah, or those new guys too.

speaking of hank i am waiting for RJ to give us a good call when he scores something like "Hank, Hank gave it a crank!!! 5-2 Buffalo" something along those lines. Any one in agreement?

i won't get on board with that, no.

not all names/personalities admit of the "wowwy housley"/"alexander the great"/"la-la" embellishment.

if everyone gets a special call, i think that cheapens those that have been created before.

pulling for tallinder to get his own special call brings to mind the painful memory of john gurtler reaching for "the general" with dave hannan, and "the eurotrain is in the station" whenever khymelev, mogilny, etc. hooked up for a goal.

back home for this weekend, so i get to see this one on MSG.

considering we get zubbys debut (where he has scored in his first game with his new team) and a red hot group of amerks there is little doubt in my mind that we should easily dispatch the struggling canadiens.

im thinking a 4-2 outcome for the boys in blue and gold.

speaking of hank i am waiting for RJ to give us a good call when he scores something like "Hank, Hank gave it a crank!!! 5-2 Buffalo" something along those lines. Any one in agreement?

Any South Park fans on board? I think Tallinder's nickname should be Mr. Hanky, Hidy Hiiiiii boys.... He might not appreciate it to much.

Side note: Dizzy buries his first goal tonight against one of his former teams.

no goal for stafford... gloved the puck and didn't get his stick on it before it went in

ugh... vanek, you need to score quickly because you're going cold FAST

folks, it could be 4-0 right now, and we're not at the first commercial break. time out montreal

Mair to Ryan for his first. 2 goals 100 seconds in..

Buffalo: :ph34r: :ph34r: Montreal:

Zubrus is +1 on his first shift. Take that Washington

i believe Novotny had an assist last night getting to play with ovechkin. Washington might not be feeling too bad.

Its nice to see Buffalos third liners playing on other teams first lines :thumbsup:

Archived