LESSON ONE: DONT QUIT AS A PLAYER, QUIT AS A TEAM

navybillsfan

Out skated...

Out hit....

Out played....

Buffalo's called up AHL youth just make every player on the Leafs making over 1.5 million a year look like toilet after a rock concert.

Ive never seen a beating so bad in my life.

Hats off to Ruff. That man is a true coach and the best in the NHL!

Yeah, I mean Buffalo looked like they had rockets attached to their skates all night...Vanek looked like he was shot out of a cannon---I didn't know he had that kind of speed---he seems to coast a lot of nights, skating wise...

Kaleta beating that Toronto player to the puck to avoid the icing that set up our 4th goal was pretty typical of what was happening all night...

I don't know about that whole out hit thing. Defintly agree that we dominated the game and I even made a comment to some people when watching the game that I had not seen Vanek skate this fast all season. I think he has really stepped up with all the injuries atm and with Briere out he toke it a step further lol

I don't know about that whole out hit thing. Defintly agree that we dominated the game and I even made a comment to some people when watching the game that I had not seen Vanek skate this fast all season. I think he has really stepped up with all the injuries atm and with Briere out he toke it a step further lol

And I think that's why he had a hard time scoring last night. He was trying too hard. I also think that's why Buffalo took those 3 penalties early in the game and Miller was out of position a lot (glad he was able to make the saves!).

The young veterans were trying too hard last night. It seems as though they got over it!

And I think that's why he had a hard time scoring last night. He was trying too hard. I also think that's why Buffalo took those 3 penalties early in the game and Miller was out of position a lot (glad he was able to make the saves!).

The young veterans were trying too hard last night. It seems as though they got over it!

Actually, I think Lydman made one of those saves, and Tallinder blocked a pass that would have resulted in an open net goal - Miller played great, and he got some help early.

On Vanek, I though with Briere and Drury out it would be interesting to see who else was wearing an "A" (Hecht was a given, he was already wearing one since Drury got hurt) besides Teppo. I know Max wore one early in the year (but he's out, too) and I know Campbell wore one in pre-season, but an argument could have been made for Vanek. Maybe just a way to say thanks for working on what you needed to change (check out his +/-) and for the hard work. I am assuming it was too late to put another "A" on a sweater for the game - unless I missed it, only Hecht and Teppo had one- but who does everyone else feel should have had one?

Actually, I think Lydman made one of those saves, and Tallinder blocked a pass that would have resulted in an open net goal - Miller played great, and he got some help early.

On Vanek, I though with Briere and Drury out it would be interesting to see who else was wearing an "A" (Hecht was a given, he was already wearing one since Drury got hurt) besides Teppo. I know Max wore one early in the year (but he's out, too) and I know Campbell wore one in pre-season, but an argument could have been made for Vanek. Maybe just a way to say thanks for working on what you needed to change (check out his +/-) and for the hard work. I am assuming it was too late to put another "A" on a sweater for the game - unless I missed it, only Hecht and Teppo had one- but who does everyone else feel should have had one?

Kaleta :w00t: ... Seriously, probably another defensemen, either Tallinder or Lydman. But it would certainly be a nice bone to throw Vanek's way in appreciation for his work this year.

Man.. can you say enough about Vanek's work ethic for to majority of this year?!?! Lindy benched him in the play-offs and i think he realized... just because you were drafted high, doesn't mean you guaranteed anything!!!

But respect for # 26 has been growing all year, much like his game. Great job Vanek, now just show up in April, May, and June and I believe all will be forgotten (last spring).

Doesnt it seem that Vanek is a bit of a cherry picker. I have noticed since the All Star Break that Vanek is always hanging around center ice waiting for something to squirt out.

Maybe he finds a way to breakout, but if he were a true cherry picker, I doubt he'd be in the top five for league +/- (#2 @ +35, behind Lidstrom).

Archived