Who goes back to Rochester first, second?

inkman

I'm guessing Mancari will be sent back first, although I really like his size. Michael Ryan was getting a lot of ice time on Sat, 13:25 total. While MacArthur got 9:30, and Mancari 8:24. I think Clarke may be next to go back to Rochester after Mancari. Ryan seems a little more versatile and his wheels really show.

1. Mancari

2. Kaleta

3. Macarthur

4. Ryan

5. Stafford stays....

Well, in the end Stafford will have to back to Rochester unless any of the injuries are more serious than initially reported. Are you suggesting playing Stafford over one of the Sabres regulars?

I totally forgot about Kaleta. If he gets enough games under his belt, I'm not sure the fans will let them send him down. :lol:

Well, in the end Stafford will have to back to Rochester unless any of the injuries are more serious than initially reported. Are you suggesting playing Stafford over one of the Sabres regulars?

I totally forgot about Kaleta. If he gets enough games under his belt, I'm not sure the fans will let them send him down. :lol:

He replaces Gaustad. And yes.. I'd take him over Novo in a blink...

1. Mancari - Still a little too green around the gills.

2. Ryan - Speed to burn, but at 27 years old he still squeezes his stick too hard.

3. Macarthur - Work in progress, but ahead of the first two.

4. Kaleta - He hits. No other explanation needed.

5. Stafford - Has the talent and may not go anywhere.

So Stafford over Novotny then, right.

Yeah for me at least. I just don't see what Novo brings. The fact that he is a natural center has certain merit, but Stafford has shown some grit, ability to skate, escapability against D-men, a willingness to throw down, scored a big time goal, etc... What can we say about Novo's play this year. He has been invisible.

Stafford is a definite over Novotny. Novotny hasn't done too much this year, but Stafford has impressed me big time! As soon as Drury went down, he immediately laid a BIG hit. That shows what he's willing to do for his team. I think he, along w/ the other Amerks, are helping re-spark the fire the Sabres once had. Buffalo would be insane to send Stafford back down. In my mind, he is this year's Pominville. Stafford is here to stay. Go Sabres!!

Stafford is a definite over Novotny. Novotny hasn't done too much this year, but Stafford has impressed me big time! As soon as Drury went down, he immediately laid a BIG hit. That shows what he's willing to do for his team. I think he, along w/ the other Amerks, are helping re-spark the fire the Sabres once had. Buffalo would be insane to send Stafford back down. In my mind, he is this year's Pominville. Stafford is here to stay. Go Sabres!!

Yep! Novotny hasn't done much. Except played center ans wing as the Sabres needed. Is decent on faceoffs and plays a physical style.

Could everyone please put down their glass of Don Cherry kool-aid? If players like Novotny and Kotalik had North American names they wouldn't take as much crap as they do. They both are physical players who also have some hockey skills. It's ridicules that their efforts get short changed because they are European.

Could everyone please put down their glass of Don Cherry kool-aid? If players like Novotny and Kotalik had North American names they wouldn't take as much crap as they do. They both are physical players who also have some hockey skills. It's ridicules that their efforts get short changed because they are European.

Give me a f**ing break. My mothers maiden name is Novotny. Watch the games. Yeah Novotny has done some decent things, but it's been mostly invisible in the last 10+ games. He has more upside than he's been showing. Stafford on the other hand, HAS been showing it.

I don't give a rats behind where they come from. I DO care how they play.

I'm guessing Mancari will be sent back first, although I really like his size.

This by no means is a shot at you, but this made me laugh. I was thinking Hal Gill has good size, but he really sucks when he tries to play physical. I don't think there is a player in the league that wouldn't fight him.

Regarding the Stafford vs. Novotny debate:

I think Lindy keeps Novotny and sends Stafford down. Yes, Stafford seems to be the more memorable player among fans because he brings more offense and flash, but I think Lindy still regards him as a defensive liability. I can recall at least one goal on Saturday that could be attributed to a giveaway by Stafford.

When regarding young players, historically Lindy will give the nod to the guy who plays on both ends, rather than the guy who provides a lot of offense but can be costly in defensive situations. Think Novotny over Vanek in last year's playoffs, or more recently calling up Paille before Stafford.

Regarding the Stafford vs. Novotny:

I think Lindy keeps Novotny and sends Stafford down. Yes, Stafford seems to be the more memorable player among fans because he brings more offense and flash, but I think Lindy still regards him as a defensive liability. I can recall at least one goal on Saturday that could be attributed to a giveaway by Stafford.

When regarding young players, historically Lindy will give the nod to the guy who plays on both ends, rather than the guy who provides a lot of offense but can be costly in defensive situations. Think Novotny over Vanek in last year's playoffs, or more recently calling up Paille before Stafford.

I think ultimately you are correct. He's on the team for a reason. Whether we see it as fans or not is irrelevant. Lindy has him there and plays him. Still I would like to see Stafford hang around in Gaustad's spot.

I'm still smiling at the ascertion by another poster that we root for "North American" names over "European" names. That's why I like this board. All the comedy is free. I personally root for goal scorers.

Give me a f**ing break. My mothers maiden name is Novotny. Watch the games. Yeah Novotny has done some decent things, but it's been mostly invisible in the last 10+ games. He has more upside than he's been showing. Stafford on the other hand, HAS been showing it.

He did play pretty physical until he got hurt the first time. My guess is he came back a little early the first time.

So it's all just a huge coincidence that the players fans call out the most like Novotny, Kotalik, Kalinin and Vanek all happen to be European? I don't think so.

Where are all the posts regarding Roy's tremendous drop in play this year?

Or

Brian Campbell disappearing after the All-Star game?

Or

Jason Pominville being soft because he doesn't score from the tough areas and plays a perimeter game?

How many times this year have I heard that Thomas Vanek is lazy? It's Ridiculous. The guy celebrates half of his goals by picking himself up off the ice and he gets called lazy? The kid is becoming the closest thing to Rick Vaive we've seen around here in a long time.

Kotalik and Novotny are two of the most physical players the Sabres have. But that gets ignored? Why?

I am sure none of this has anything to do with them all being European. :doh:

1. Mancari

2. Kaleta

3. Macarthur

4. Ryan

5. Stafford stays....

I think Kaleta should be the first one called back up in the playoffs if someone gets hurt or is benched. I think a lot of people feel we need to trade to get some added physical presence and toughness but we got a whole boatload of it in Rochester. There are some big boys down there that just cannot wait to pop a few Senators into the benches.

I agree that Stafford should stay up and take Gaustad's fault. He looks like Vanek's twin brother out there. He is one big, tough, talented guy.

We have enough talent in Rochester to not make any trades and still win the cup

So it's all just a huge coincidence that the players fans call out the most like Novotny, Kotalik, Kalinin and Vanek all happen to be European? I don't think so.

Where are all the posts regarding Roy's tremendous drop in play this year?

Or

Brian Campbell disappearing after the All-Star game?

Or

Jason Pominville being soft because he doesn't score from the tough areas and plays a perimeter game?

How many times this year have I heard that Thomas Vanek is lazy? It's Ridiculous. The guy celebrates half of his goals by picking himself up off the ice and he gets called lazy? The kid is becoming the closest thing to Rick Vaive we've seen around here in a long time.

Kotalik and Novotny are two of the most physical players the Sabres have. But that gets ignored? Why?

I am sure none of this has anything to do with them all being European. :doh:

Ummmmm ok what ever you say. lol. I have heard people call out Campbell's play this season, Roy has been playing good of late just not putting the offensive numbers up, and Pommer was playing infront of the net earlier this season but for either Lindy giveing him a different role or him avoiding it has not been there much lately. But as for the euro's. I've personally been one to say that Novo has done everything Lindy has asked of him this season, Kotalik I thought sucked big time earlier this season but really turned it around when we started having injuries, Kalinin? well...... he has been better then last yea and I don't see him as the worst out there, and Vanek? Vanek has played so good i had to dig deep into his game to find something i didn't like lol. But as for Kotalik and Novo being the 2 most physical players we have? no way. Maybe the 2 most physical that will be comeing back to the rostor

Ummmmm ok what ever you say. lol. I have heard people call out Campbell's play this season, Roy has been playing good of late just not putting the offensive numbers up, and Pommer was playing infront of the net earlier this season but for either Lindy giveing him a different role or him avoiding it has not been there much lately. But as for the euro's. I've personally been one to say that Novo has done everything Lindy has asked of him this season, Kotalik I thought sucked big time earlier this season but really turned it around when we started having injuries, Kalinin? well...... he has been better then last yea and I don't see him as the worst out there, and Vanek? Vanek has played so good i had to dig deep into his game to find something i didn't like lol. But as for Kotalik and Novo being the 2 most physical players we have? no way. Maybe the 2 most physical that will be comeing back to the rostor

Two of the most physical players. Not the two most physical players.

Archived