LMAO!!!

zevo

Basically Garrioch called Golisano's letter "taking whining to a new level" and Sylvester cut him off and basically told him that while the MSG broadcast team are Sabres' employees, they take offense to the "whining" comments, saying that Golisano's letter was calling for an end to the practice of hits to the head for the whole NHL, not just against the Sabres, and basically cut the interview off at that point.

never been a fan of sylvestor ever.................. BUT I gotta say I was cheering him for shutting fatty up.

Also was that not awsome how Ray put him on the spot after he started with his bashing of the Sabres. I loved it Ray says"Well how would you feel if it was reversed?" Fatty says "what I don't understand!" Ray says "I mean if someone like Mair hit Spezza like Neil hit Drury would you be ok with that?" Fatty says "ummm.........uhhhhh"

never been a fan of sylvestor ever.................. BUT I gotta say I was cheering him for shutting fatty up.

Also was that not awsome how Ray put him on the spot after he started with his bashing of the Sabres. I loved it Ray says"Well how would you feel if it was reversed?" Fatty says "what I don't understand!" Ray says "I mean if someone like Mair hit Spezza like Neil hit Drury would you be ok with that?" Fatty says "ummm.........uhhhhh"

his response was "i don't play for the senators" in a whining tone, but then immediately went on his sabrewhining crusade. hystarical.

I believe that was Spezza's, what do they call it these days, life partner.

Funny, funny, funny.

You know what, i love life partners. I have no problem at all with guys who behave like girls.

When I close my eyes, I really don't care who's at the end of my business. Just git 'er done. Thanks.

Funny, funny, funny.

You know what, i love life partners. I have no problem at all with guys who behave like girls.

When I close my eyes, I really don't care who's at the end of my business. Just git 'er done. Thanks.

:o

Basically Garrioch called Golisano's letter "taking whining to a new level"...

I know this won't be popular but I thought the letter was whiney. The timing in particular. Hearing the various descriptions of the hits isn't going to sit well with the commisioner. Tom's basically saying, "You don't understand hockey, so I'l describe it to you". Now Bettman could use a few hockey lessons but for an owner who just started to follow hockey a few years ago to tell him how it is, isn't going to sit well with Gary.

I don't know if Darcy, Larry or Tom brought up blows to the head before this incident but if not it looks like they only want the rules enforced when it applies to them. Sorry guys (and girls) but that is how I feel.

I know this won't be popular but I thought the letter was whiney. The timing in particular. Hearing the various descriptions of the hits isn't going to sit well with the commisioner. Tom's basically saying, "You don't understand hockey, so I'l describe it to you". Now Bettman could use a few hockey lessons but for an owner who just started to follow hockey a few years ago to tell him how it is, isn't going to sit well with Gary.

I don't know if Darcy, Larry or Tom brought up blows to the head before this incident but if not it looks like they only want the rules enforced when it applies to them. Sorry guys (and girls) but that is how I feel.

Ink, you're certainly entitled to your opinion (wrong as it may be on this one ;)) but I think you are definitely in the minority here. I am firmly behind the Sabres owner on this one - as Deluca noted, the NHL's system of justice has been laughable at best for years, and even though Mario came across as whiney, he did raise a valid point - that there is too much thuggery still associated with the game. I think when you boil down Golisano's letter, it really comes down to the point that we need to protect the stars from the marginally talented guys like Neil, and that headhunting has no place in the NHL.

As for the idea that the commish is going to be upset that Golisano is talking down to him, he better remember a few things - first, Bettman and the NHL front offices don't have the market cornered on smarmy, condescending attitudes - listen to Colin Campbell's condescending tone when he talked about Ruff's fine, I believe his comments started with "those who know hockey know that..."; two, Bettman isn't exactly an NHL guy either, so I can understand why someone would have to spell things out s-l-o-w-l-y for him; and three, Bettman is an employee of Golisano and the rest of the governors, and not the other way around.

Call him what you will. But TG is completly correct in what he says about these hits. You hear players say it all the time that the "respect" isn't there anymore. The only problem is that noone is willing to stand up unless it happens to them or there teammate. As long as it happens to the other team then they don't care. Look at what happened to the Flames. All there players agree that the hit on there teammate was a cheapshot but I'll bet the other team is defending it still.

What should happen Colin.............. out.....................Betteman............ out if he doesn't start protecting the players. And I say players not stars cause the stars don't deserve special treatment from the physical play. All the players deserve to be protected from the people that want to end there careers or send them to the press box and suffer thru post concussion syndrome.

Ink, so you're saying that TG should have waited until later to talk about it, when the news had died down? No friggin' way. At a later date it's a "oh and BTW, about head shots..." which NEVER works. You need to strike while the iron is hot and hopefully curry some favor among other owners.

I always thought Sylvester was a tool. I actually respect him now.

I thought Sylvester was poor through all this, he has two ex-players who know about the code of fighting in the league. All he needed to do through this was frame the discussion and let the story tell itself instead of interjecting himself. And bringing out a video twice to impeach Bryan Murray was just a stupid point.

He coached teams that have started fights. Thanks for the insight, Kev.

I was talking with a friend over the weekend about this, he isn't even a Sabres fan, he's a Red Wings fan living in Toronto, and he is almost more upset about the hit on Drury then I am.

This season has seen too many head shots knocking players out and something has to be done. TG is now throwing his words in because it has affected him personnally. If he made these comments before, no one would have really made much mention and probably brushed it off. Now that the attention is high for this, he has to speak up. His top player, and star was knocked out and nothing was done about it.

Archived