Line of the Night from Lindy

ofiba

"I don't care if we lose the game 10-1. You don't lay down after that."

Kudos to Lindy for realizing that the outcome of the game was far less important than the Sabres making a statement and sticking up for themselves. This could be a game that we all look back on as the game the Sabres really came together as a team.

"I don't care if we lose the game 10-1. You don't lay down after that."

Kudos to Lindy for realizing that the outcome of the game was far less important than the Sabres making a statement and sticking up for themselves. This could be a game that we all look back on as the game the Sabres really came together as a team.

I took that quote and the "I am extremely proud of my players the way they reacted" as the best ones. Lindy is a players coach and the best in the league right now IMO.

I'm in The Teamster Union and here you 100%. It's a brotherhood.

Don't let AD hear you! :D

That is part of the problem IMO about hockey (NHL)... That is why old-timers were tossed out like rags when they were done... Left to sell pencils outside Maple Leaf Gardens... Mix in the whole Canada-US border jumping thingy, the 'ole "love of the game", etc... And you got a mess, historically a mess.

Now don't get me wrong AD... The game is great... You will lambast me for my pro-union stance and hockey's past, but the management end of the league does it in every time... Canada as a nation has to get over the whole "thank you sir may I have another HNiC!" While they are selling you down the river!

Sorry guys for painting with a broad brush... But, for all the fun the game is... I can really get down on the league now and for what it did in the past!

Sorry for the rants... I just see too many connections...

That is part of the problem IMO about hockey (NHL)... That is why old-timers were tossed out like rags when they were done... Left to sell pencils outside Maple Leaf Gardens... Mix in the whole Canada-US border jumping thingy, the 'ole "love of the game", etc... And you got a mess, historically a mess.

Now don't get me wrong AD... The game is great... You will lambast me for my pro-union stance and hockey's past, but the management end of the league does it in every time... Canada as a nation has to get over the whole "thank you sir may I have another HNiC!" While they are selling you down the river!

Sorry guys for painting with a broad brush... But, for all the fun the game is... I can really get down on the league now and for what it did in the past!

No doubt that management historically hosed the "product". But Goodenow hosing management back is what caused the league to fold for a year AND put a product on the ice that was a shadow of what it had been.

I am very hopeful that the owners and players are actually forming a real partnership now. If they are, the league will regain its place as a legitimate 4th "major" sport. The game can be too good, and HDTV will do wonders for the presentation, for a united front to not succeed. Now if we can just get them to pay Syracuse (or some other strong communications program) to figure out how to best take advantage of HDTV, there'd be no stopping it. ESPN be darned.

what the hell are you talking about?

You guys are all wrong on the best line.

It is clearly "YOU DON"T RUN ARE Fen CAPTIAN" as he foams at the mouth lol

telling you right now all our players are gonna remember that

I like how Jeanneret and Lorentz were pleading with the production guys and Rob Ray to shut down the microphones immediately. :beer:

I'm more proud of this team than any Sabres team I can remember watching. I agree with Lindy....they can lose 10-1 tomorrow night, as long as they stand up for themselves. This team came together last night.

I took that quote and the "I am extremely proud of my players the way they reacted" as the best ones. Lindy is a players coach and the best in the league right now IMO.

The fact that Lindy can keep a half dozen call ups focused enough after the melee to contribute and win the game against a healthy and dangerous Ottawa team says a lot about his coaching ability. There are some other great coaches out there right now (see Ted Nolan), but Lindy is going to be in the top 3 for coach of the year again if the Sabres continue to play solid through the rest of the season.

I like how Jeanneret and Lorentz were pleading with the production guys and Rob Ray to shut down the microphones immediately.

I missed a lot of the game last night, so I taped MSG's re-broadcast at noon today. Just watched it and, much to my surprise, you could still hear Lindy clearly when he yelled "YOU DON"T RUN OUR F'ING CAPTIAN!" Would have thought that they would have dubbed that out.

Archived