Someone Needs To Be Put On Hold Until Playoffs

CallawaySabres

There is absolutely no way they could bust the Sabres for someone like Afinogenov. His eight week mark would be entering the playoffs as it is. Have him miss the first game of the first round to make it look good and throw that money at Bill Guerin. It will be very interesting to see what happens in the next two Ottawa games beacause if they show a glaring weakness, something has to be done.

This could be THE shot at the Cup so do whatever it is going to take.

I'd suggest Darcy call the NHL today, get a league approved (err whatever) doctor to evaluate max tomorrow, and go from there. If they too say it's legit 8 weeks, and Golisano is willing to provide funds, why not? I'm super bullish on this team longterm, ryan miller, etc, but yeah, let's get it done this year.

If / when other teams cry foul, we got NHL sign-off most importantly, and oh yeah "no goal". Call it even?

I'd suggest Darcy call the NHL today, get a league approved (err whatever) doctor to evaluate max tomorrow, and go from there. If they too say it's legit 8 weeks, and Golisano is willing to provide funds, why not? I'm super bullish on this team longterm, ryan miller, etc, but yeah, let's get it done this year.

If / when other teams cry foul, we got NHL sign-off most importantly, and oh yeah "no goal". Call it even?

In theory it sounds nice, but we both know that the NHL would never stick it's neck out like that.

Unless it was to screw Buffalo, then we know exactly what they would do. ;)

and Golisano is willing to provide funds,

Old Tommy boy is spending money everywhere else, at least in Rochester. He just donated 6 mill to Bishop Kearney High School. The school will also get a new name, Bishop Kearney High School / A Golisano Education Partner. Add that to the Golisano Academic Center at Nazareth College, Golisano Children's Hospital at Strong and The Golisano Library at Roberts Wesleyan College. Pretty soon I'll be living in Golisano, NY watching the Buffalo Golisanos play hockey. If anyone is going to spend the cash, it's him. Hopefully Darcy has the nads to convince him. Boy, I could use some of his money.

Even if Max could come back for a week before the playoffs, hold him back until the first round. Would anyone really care about the ethics factor? Not me!! Can you imagine having his salary to grab another Allstar forward or Dman??!!

Time to play the game Darcy - time to play the game

That's great that we'll have the cap space and all, but who exactly do you propose we give up to get "another Allstar forward or Dman"? It's not like we can just "get" one because we've got the room..

interesting... but this blog entry is even more interesting. Check it out if you haven't.

http://www.sabresreport.com/blogs/

Reminds me of something posted on this board a few weeks ago. It was a humor piece, talking about uniform guidelines and rule changes that all teams would be expected to follow, "except for the New Jersey Devils. Lou Lamoriello does whatever he wants and the league never seems to care."

Provided they create cap space, the guys they will go after are rentals. St.Louis, Florida, Chicago etc. only want prospects in return. They may take on a salary player also as part of the deal to make sure the numbers work out for the team they trade with. But really, you don't 'have' to give up a roster player now to get a renter.

GM's meeting seems to have a lot of GM's walking away saying the asking price is too much. The Sabres do have more depth than most teams, and should be in a position to grab a big name, if Darcy can work with that grey area of long term injury status.

They need to get definitive time-lines right now for Max, and use his salary and possibly trade a roster player to bring in the cup-clinching help.

i agree with your Buffalo News columninst. Regier needs to step out of character here and do what has to be done to bring this championship home- once and for all. They will not be sacrificing the future, they are deep in talent.

Darcy, from one Saskatchewan guy to another: GET IT DONE!!!

Old Tommy boy is spending money everywhere else, at least in Rochester. He just donated 6 mill to Bishop Kearney High School. The school will also get a new name, Bishop Kearney High School / A Golisano Education Partner. Add that to the Golisano Academic Center at Nazareth College, Golisano Children's Hospital at Strong and The Golisano Library at Roberts Wesleyan College. Pretty soon I'll be living in Golisano, NY watching the Buffalo Golisanos play hockey. If anyone is going to spend the cash, it's him. Hopefully Darcy has the nads to convince him. Boy, I could use some of his money.

Not to mention the Golisano Children's Hospital in Syracuse.

Interesting coming form a Pittsfordite. :nana:

Hey man, I come from the poor side of Pittsford. :blush: I'm a Sutherland grad, not a Mendonite. We had to bow to them. :worthy:

Not to mention the Golisano Children's Hospital in Syracuse.

Damn, I didn' know about that one. :doh: I guess he is venturing out east as well.

Archived