GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

When was Miller's last shutout? Seems like it's been FOREVER, and I think he's due. :thumbsup:

i think the last time miller was close was in chicago jan 10th where he let in one with seconds remaining. other than that his last shutout was October 26th against the islanders (29 saves in a 3-0 win) It really has been forever, but hes only had a few shutouts in his nhl career, so i dont really expect them.

im thinking 3-1 sabres. goals from stafford, briere, vanek. miller lets one in early but recovers for a good finish.

i think the last time miller was close was in chicago jan 10th where he let in one with seconds remaining. other than that his last shutout was October 26th against the islanders (29 saves in a 3-0 win) It really has been forever, but hes only had a few shutouts in his nhl career, so i dont really expect them.

im thinking 3-1 sabres. goals from stafford, briere, vanek. miller lets one in early but recovers for a good finish.

October, wow.

I realize that donuts don't come easy for us because of the high-risk, high-reward system we play, but it just surpises me that it's been that long.

He's been sooooo close many times this year too, that's why I think he's long overdue. Boston could be just what the doctor ordered. (Then again, we'll probably lose 6-1 because I'm being too cocky).

October, wow.

I realize that donuts don't come easy for us because of the high-risk, high-reward system we play, but it just surpises me that it's been that long.

He's been sooooo close many times this year too, that's why I think he's long overdue. Boston could be just what the doctor ordered. (Then again, we'll probably lose 6-1 because I'm being too cocky).

We'll win 89 - 0 because its my anniversary and I've got to go out to dinner - hence I can't watch. :doh:

October, wow.

Miller only had one shutout last year, and it was his last game of the season. Same for Biron.

We'll win 89 - 0 because its my anniversary and I've got to go out to dinner - hence I can't watch. :doh:

Congratulations :thumbsup:

This is a better win game. At home, against a softening opponent (team sell off underway), there won't be that many "easy" games left here on out. When you have an opponent such as this, there can be no excuses. Just put them away early and make them run for the bus.

Yes, OUTPLAYED!!!

Excuse me while I disagree with you. The play in the last three games has been even at worst. Of course there were times where Buffalo was outplayed, but likewise there were times where the opponent was outplayed.

As long as it continues to go the way you predict the rest of the way, I'm okay with that.

And with Stafford scoring, not only does that continue to go the way of your prediction, but you've got the scorer nailed as well. :D

Excuse me while I disagree with you. The play in the last three games has been even at worst. Of course there were times where Buffalo was outplayed, but likewise there were times where the opponent was outplayed.

This is true, but this has come against teams that are not upper echelon teams. Especially coming in from the west. This team needs to step it up, and the injuries are not helping. We all know the Sabres can play much better than they have. I hope they are not tiring down the stretch.

Darcy is on basically saying there will probably be no big moves before trade deadline. The cap is the big reason he sites.

im kind of happy with that. im thinking now a trade would kind of put us in a bad position for the later years, and its set up where we can be good for a long time with our deep prospects. plus you cant count out chemistry

im kind of happy with that. im thinking now a trade would kind of put us in a bad position for the later years, and its set up where we can be good for a long time with our deep prospects. plus you cant count out chemistry

Before the game started Ruff was asked about the injuries and he was talking and then said about Max something like: "Well, with Stafford we get better goal scoring than Max but not as much speed." Wow I thought! Stafford a better goal scorer? Then he goes out and scores a nice goal. I'd absolutely hate to trade away a talented young player

Before the game started Ruff was asked about the injuries and he was talking and then said about Max something like: "Well, with Stafford we get better goal scoring than Max but not as much speed." Wow I thought! Stafford a better goal scorer? Then he goes out and scores a nice goal. I'd absolutely hate to trade away a talented young player

thats what im starting to think. Darcys patience has sort of swayed me to thinking that he knows that theres better talent in his own farm system than what is avail in trades. im starting to think that unless a team wows us with a lobsided deal we wont make a huge splash at the deadline

Archived