GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

wow this game has gone downhill fast, from 1-1 to 1-3, with hecht, kotalik and stafford hurt now. im not sure how much worse it could get. if were gonna stay on this 2 a game injury spree then well be fielding the entire amerks team in the first round.

at least stafford is okay now.

So I just got home... what's with the 52 seconds and whatnot? Where the hell are the Bruins? Eh?

theyre already in the dressing room after the period ended, but they reviewed the breire shot and it turned out to be a goal. there were 52 seconds left when we scored. so they got to play the second period till its done

Danny scored but it wasn't called. Play continued until the period expired with no whistle. It was reviewed and determined to be a goal. Boston left the ice and hasn't come back. 52 seconds were put back on the clock.

They should have added 52 seconds to the third. That was stupid.

Where's the delay of game penalty? ;)

BTW, what's the significance of no whistle? If there were a whistle, would the goal still not have counted? If so, pretty dumb rule.

Once there is a whistle and play resumes, you can't review the play...

They just announced on the radio that Huet is out with a torn hamstring. He had surgery and sounds like he is done for a long time...

Kotalik will not return.. Lower body injury... Was reported to be walking...

So when would/should they have reviewed it?

At the first opportunity. The first whistle. In this case it was 52 seconds later when the period ended. In this case, it was done exactly correct, just bizzare.

They should have added 52 seconds to the third. That was stupid.

Once there is a whistle and play resumes, you can't review the play...

If there was a whistle, that goal still would have been reviewed. Every close call is reviewed upstairs. Someone would have called down to the scorers table.

If there was a whistle, that goal still would have been reviewed. Every close call is reviewed upstairs. Someone would have called down to the scorers table.

Should be but not always done. We've seen it this year already where a quick face off didn't allow it. I don't remember which game, but it wasn't too long ago..

Should be but not always done. We've seen it this year already where a quick face off didn't allow it. I don't remember which game, but it wasn't too long ago..

I think Briere knew it was in and he would have gone after the ref for a review. He was going after him after the period ended the first time. Whether the ref obliged or not is a different story.

I wanna go to the Sundowner with Marty Biron. Tell me he's not the type of guy that wrangles free lap dances for his whole crew.

And who says fighting is not good for the game. Did you hear Marty on the mic? The players, coaches and refs enjoy a good fight just as much, if not more than the typical hockey fan.

Archived