78 Points Tops the League!

bob_sauve28

Nashville just got their 79th point.... 4-2 win over Toronto with JP Dumont getting the game winner.

I'm not worried about the Ducks or Nashville, my main concern right now is the New Jersey Devils. I do not want to play them in a 7-game series and if sh!t happens and we do, i definetly don't want Game 7 to be played in New Jersey.

Nashville just got their 79th point.... 4-2 win over Toronto with JP Dumont getting the game winner.

I'm not worried about the Ducks or Nashville, my main concern right now is the New Jersey Devils. I do not want to play them in a 7-game series and if sh!t happens and we do, i definetly don't want Game 7 to be played in New Jersey.

I have no fear of NJ in the 3rd round after the refs that let everything go are gone. 1st round, they scare the snot out of me, but I don't see them dropping to 7th or 8th. The Sabres should be ok in the 2nd round, but if they have to play them I want it to be in round 3. The 7th game won't matter in that round.

Here's a quick update on all the 70+ points teams in the NHL:

1. Nashville: 79 pts, 56 g

2. Buffalo: 78 pts, 56 g

3. Detroit: 76 pts, 56 g

4. Anaheim: 74 pts, 55 g

4. NJ: 74 pts, 55 g

6. SJ: 71 pts, 55 g

Detroit and NJ are the only teams in the league that truly scare me right now. I feel the Sabres can beat everyone else in a 7 game playoff series.

Let's all hope the refs start calling penalties again. If so, we've got a decent chance for the cup.

sky is falling. we need a trade to go over the top.

I think D is ok. everyone is paranoid due to last years injury bug. chances are that won't happen again.

I like Roberts, Doan or Guerin. Darcy can make it happen.

Whoa buddy.... calm down for a minute. You say you're paranoid bout injury problems and don't want to repeat themselfs... so you say you want a Doan or Guerin? High priced forwards? We need to add a 6th d-men from someone and make him ours #8. Then we need to call up Sekera and play him regularaly to get him expierence so our #9 guy is ready to go.

If we are to get a forward, i'd want someone to fit our system, quick forward like a Nagy or a defensive forward like a Ethan Morneu.

I watched Game 5 of the Carolina series last night and it made me feel a lot better (despite the loss).

The players will have the intensity come playoff time. Everyone was banging bodies. Heck, Briere gave Gerber a forearm and knocked him straight back into the net. I also didn't notice any greater physicality from JP Dumont or Grier that the other players weren't showing too.

I watched Game 5 of the Carolina series last night and it made me feel a lot better (despite the loss).

The players will have the intensity come playoff time. Everyone was banging bodies. Heck, Briere gave Gerber a forearm and knocked him straight back into the net. I also didn't notice any greater physicality from JP Dumont or Grier that the other players weren't showing too.

Why would anyone think they wouldn't have the intensity?

Carolina was one of the poorest PP's leading to the playoffs and in their last 25 of the season i think they only won like 6-7 times. Something crazy like that. And then they go out and play great in the playoffs.....

Sabres realize regular season matters little if you get eliminated, you wanna save something for the playoffs.

with the way the sabres entered the playoffs last season and handled not only the phlyers and sens, but took the eventual champs to ECF game 7, i am surprised anyone is worried about the present state of this year's team. everyone steps it up in the playoffs, and this year's sabres will do it again. they have a deep run under their belt, and will be just as hungry as last year (if not more).

the rest of this regular season does not need to be played at 100%. at this point, as long as buffalo finishes the season healthy, on top of the adams division, i'll be elated. throw in a return by tim connelly, and that'd be gravy.

I agree, it will be interesting to see how the game is called in the playoffs. I watched part of the NJ game last night, and their style is pure "90's." They won 2-0 and Brodeur was outstanding as usual. They are VERY tough to score on, but they don't score much themselves. They have one decent scoring line, but all the forward backcheck like fiends, and they line up 5 across at the blueline. I suspect we will see them in the Eastern Conference finals.

Whoa buddy.... calm down for a minute. You say you're paranoid bout injury problems and don't want to repeat themselfs... so you say you want a Doan or Guerin? High priced forwards? We need to add a 6th d-men from someone and make him ours #8. Then we need to call up Sekera and play him regularaly to get him expierence so our #9 guy is ready to go.

If we are to get a forward, i'd want someone to fit our system, quick forward like a Nagy or a defensive forward like a Ethan Morneu.

I'm not paranoid, I think a lot of other folks are. I think we can get by with the D we have now. I'd wager we don't have the injuries like last year.

all I'm saying is we add an experienced forward, preferrably with SC experience as a rental a-la Carolina last year.

Archived