Thoughts of buying a dark slug Vanek jersey are...

SDS

and while I'm a big proponent of NOT getting a current player EVER on a jersey, something is drawing me to this one like a moth to the flame. I thought I would just get a vintage white, but I can't seem to shake this urge!

and while I'm a big proponent of NOT getting a current player EVER on a jersey, something is drawing me to this one like a moth to the flame. I thought I would just get a vintage white, but I can't seem to shake this urge!

You need an "intervention" and quick! I am not nearly as qualified have shown some ill advised weakness while home during Thanksgiving!

Does anyone have one those "in case of an emergency, break glass" things with DCSabres', dave b's, LabattBlue's or other's phone number in it!

:D

You need an "intervention" and quick! I am not nearly as qualified have shown some ill advised weakness while home during Thanksgiving!

Does anyone have one those "in case of an emergency, break glass" things with DCSabres', dave b's, LabattBlue's or other's phone number in it!

:lol: I have recovered from my moment of weakness earlier this year when I ALMOST bought a hoodie with the slug on it. I have since recovered and have not wavered at all since then. Be strong, run away from the slug and don't look back.

:) :)

:lol: I have recovered from my moment of weakness earlier this year when I ALMOST bought a hoodie with the slug on it. I have since recovered and have not wavered at all since then. Be strong, run away from the slug and don't look back.

but Vanek on an old white? Doesn't make sense.... and why do I want to wear some kid's name on my back anyway? :unsure: yet I do....

but Vanek on an old white? Doesn't make sense.... and why do I want to wear some kid's name on my back anyway? :unsure: yet I do....

Hey. I was going through the exact same thing a couple weeks ago....problem is, I DID BREAK DOWN and buy one! I bought a White Vanek, though.

I felt a little wierd, but he is just a couple years younger than I am (28) so I didn't think that was too crazy.

I say if you want it, buy it. Support our team!

Get an old school white, Number 69, with the name M. Diver on the back!

I have a dark slug Vanek jersey. I love it.

Well, as much as you can love the slug. Support the team, yada yada...

I too almost broke down around Christmas time because I couldn't find a vintage hat and there were slug hats left and right...but I didn't break down and I was able to purchase a kick ass vintage hat that I love...and I too, haven't wavered since. DON'T DO IT...YOU MUST NOT WAIVER, there aren't many hold-outs left.

I gotta be honest - I am torn between the two blues myself. I like the layout and general design of the slug blue, minus the slug. But I like the logo on the original/vintage but want to see the design updated, tweaked, whatever you want to call it. (The new white ones should be thrown into a pile and burned, but that's just my opinion...)

Too bad a compromise couldn't be made...something simple, like the old logo on the new jerseys....naaaah, that would NEVER work. :thumbsup:

thanks, but quite frankly - I think I like the new blues better than the old ones. It is the old whites that were sharp... plus, should I wait for the new style to come out next year? :unsure:

SDS, I feel your pain. I've been thinking the same thing about picking up a jersey since around Christmas time.

This is what I feel...at this point, after seeing the style of jerseys that will be in production for the 07-08 I think you should at least wait for them to be released. However, I would say, HOLD OFF for a little bit as well, due to the news story released by WGR this morning, saying that the league will return to wearing the home whites for at least divisional games.

Why is this important? Simply because I'm guessing that this means the Sabres will be allowed to wear their original crossed sword white jerseys at home at some point next season. The original white jersey has always been the most attractive Sabres jersey, and combine that with the new materials and cut, and you'll be looking sharp.

Last week I talked to the owners of a local sporting goods store in Tonawanda (Sorrentino's on Sheridan Dr) and they said a rep from RBK was coming in this week to speak with them about when the jersey type debuted at the All-Star game would be available. I'll give them a call again in the next few days and let everyone know what they say.

Archived