February: target for Connolly's return

Assquatch

Tim Connolly's status

He signed a lucrative 3-year contract over the summer, but Tim Connolly has yet to play a minute for the Sabres this season. There's little doubt he'd be a huge offensive asset if healthy, but now, after a new prognosis that said Connolly's concussion problems might be caused by a disc problem in his neck, a target of February has been set. Stay tuned.

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local/local..._363220903.html

Tim Connolly's status

He signed a lucrative 3-year contract over the summer, but Tim Connolly has yet to play a minute for the Sabres this season. There's little doubt he'd be a huge offensive asset if healthy, but now, after a new prognosis that said Connolly's concussion problems might be caused by a disc problem in his neck, a target of February has been set. Stay tuned.

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local/local..._363220903.html

Such a big Sabres story buried in the Niagara Gazette's last paragraph? This guy have some inside info that other sources don't?

Tim Schmitt is one of the better hockey writers covering the Sabres, and he likely won't be long for the Gazette, IMO.

I am surprised, though, that he would throw that bit into a "year in review" article with no source or mention of where he got that February target date from.

Write down the date. BM and I agree on something. Tim is great. He has that unusual ability (in the sports writing biz anyway) of having something to say AND saying it very well. I just wish he would say where he got that info. Because it's huge! Perhaps the biggest story of the season so far. Connolly=Cup.

Schmitt may be a good hockey writer, but his "Losman sucks, draft Brady Quinn" campaign has gone strangely silent.

Anyway, he may just be taking what Ruff has said several times (that it will take Connolly two months to get ready once he starts working out) and doing the math ... supposedly he has started, 2 months from December = February.

Archived