Sabres vs. Coyotes (01/12)

PTS

Tonight is a no TV game, not even on NHL Centre Ice. I just scored myself some tickets at work today which was a HUGE surprise on this beautiful spring -- I mean winter -- day in Buffalo.

Coyotes got steamrolled in Ottawa two nights ago. They'll be bitter. Sabres need to win tonight and Saturday to go over 500 on the homestand. It's gonna be though especially with all the injuries.

Could someone in Buffalo do me a favor...Is the Rangers game on MSG there tonight? I was thinking maybe the Messier number retirement is why they didn't broadcast tonight's game.

Do they still black out Rangers games in Buffalo?

That was a quick period. I thought this game would move by a lot slower than normal since I have to listen to it.

Could someone in Buffalo do me a favor...Is the Rangers game on MSG there tonight?  I was thinking maybe the Messier number retirement is why they didn't broadcast tonight's game.

I think they are legally required to black out the Rangers games outside the NYC market ...fat guys playing cards in Monte Carlo currently on channel 49...

Ok, so I was wrong, haha. I have the Messier number retirement on with the volume down...this seems ridiculiously long.

he did pretty much singlehandedly bring them a cup after 44 years of frustraton, so they'll probably milk it awhile...if I'm not mistaken, the Richter ceremony was a long one as well...it's close to Broadway, needs to be a big production..

we need to score here 5 on 3 PP...

I think its just in other NHL markets, but don't quote me on that one.

Center Ice is completely a different beast, but as far as MGS's agreement with Adelphia, Sabres games can be shown as far east as Syracuse - that's their exclusive region. Rangers games would be shown in Albany and all points South in NY and NJ until you hit the Philly market area..

Too many penalties! It's hard to tell on the radio, but at least to my ear the last half dozen games, this team doesn't have the same spark and passion it had earlier. As others have said, though, if this is our slump, it's not much to complain about.