Sabres vs. Coyotes (01/12)

PTS

I remember this...A few months ago after we were 6-2. Hopefully, we'll rip off another streak when a few guys get back from injuries.

It is a cause for concern though, because the games were against teams we should be able to beat. Plus we're heading out on our West Coast swing in a few days. We usually struggle on that road trip.

But I guess at the same time, we're struggling and still in the playoffs by 12 points, so it could be worse.

Just got back from the game and have a few thoughts...

1. Get this team out of Buffalo. This Sabres team like many in the past can't do well at home against crap teams. Buffalo should have easily won tonight and didn't.

2. It is becoming more and more apparant that the well is drying up in Rochester. Poms was the last solid player. Novotny and Paille are just not ready.

3. It is even more clear that this team is missing Briere. He always had that timely goal. We need him back tonight. I also saw JP tonight and he looked like a guy that's ready to come back soon.

4. I'm backing away from my stance on not going after a scorer. Remember the playoff series against Montreal in the early 90s after the sweep of Boston. Patty and Alex went down and the team lost four straight 4-3 games to eventual cup champs Montreal. What happens if we run into injury problems during the playoffs. I think we need to get one more gun.

5. I said it about 8 games ago. Kotalik is falling apart, I wonder how much of it is because of him getting the olympic snubbed.

Lindy called out his forwards after the game, saying "we have some forwards who have to get their butts going." Imagine, a Ruff team that can't score. Stop the presses.

Sanderson scores... anyone remember his record on breakaways as a Sabre? :)

Guest boom boom

Darcy needs to go outside the organization and fortify the team. They have been playing on guts and it is clear to me the talent level is just not there. Rochester talent belongs in the AHL.

This team needs help before the lose whatever cushion they have accumulated. They could easily miss the playoffs if they don't get reinforcements soon.